PDA

View Full Version : Tax free childcare

bunyip
16-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Does anyone have any clients registered under this scheme yet?

I registered late last year, but as yet none of my clients have been invited to join yet. I understood parents would be invited to register from the start of 2017, starting with those with the youngest children. I have a couple of under ones on roll, so I was expecting to have parents using the scheme by now.

moggy
16-02-2017, 05:11 PM
I heard it was starting 'from the Spring' or 'early 2017' or something vague like that... not heard of anyone starting with it yet.

Mouse
16-02-2017, 06:20 PM
At the moment all but one of my parents pay with employer vouchers and I'm sure they'll be better off staying with those.

The other family receives 70% of their fees through the childcare element of tax credits so I don't know if they can use tax free childcare for the other 30%. Personally I wouldn't have thought so, but there are so many conflicting views on what combination of help (tax free, tax credits, employer vouchers, 30 hours funding, 15 hours funding) parents can claim for that I don't think anyone really knows!

moggy
16-02-2017, 06:25 PM
For me, the only parents for whom the new tax-free childcare system benefits here are those who are self-employed. The rest are better off staying on the old voucher system, I think.

sarah707
16-02-2017, 08:28 PM
I've not heard of any parents signing up yet ... I think it's a slow starter!

A lot are concerned they will lose other benefits if they claim this one it's very complicated :panic:

loocyloo
16-02-2017, 08:38 PM
For me, the only parents for whom the new tax-free childcare system benefits here are those who are self-employed. The rest are better off staying on the old voucher system, I think.

All of mine who already use vouchers have used the 'calculator' to see what would suit them best, and they are all better off sticking with vouchers!

SYLVIA
16-02-2017, 09:11 PM
I may have misunderstood what I read but I thought that after a certain date parents will not be able to join the existing voucher schemes. So any new parents will only be able to join the new scheme. All my parents are in the current schemes and will be better off staying where they are.......i think

loocyloo
17-02-2017, 07:38 AM
I may have misunderstood what I read but I thought that after a certain date parents will not be able to join the existing voucher schemes. So any new parents will only be able to join the new scheme. All my parents are in the current schemes and will be better off staying where they are.......i think

That's right ... IF they are already part of a scheme, they can choose (but once they move to the new scheme, they can't move back) but all 'new' parents only have the new scheme.

BallyH
17-02-2017, 10:24 AM
No my parents use vouchers except one self employed dad so I'll wait and see.

hectors house
17-02-2017, 01:33 PM
I emailed all my parents the link to Martin Lewis page that showed them the advantages and disadvantages of each scheme, most of them are employed so I think they will be staying with the old scheme.