PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice please about fees :-)

Rachael0030487
13-02-2017, 09:16 PM
Hi I'm currently going through the process of registration. I am very excited to start my new venture but the paper work is so daunting.

I have had a friend of a friend knowing I'm in process of registration and has asked me to look after her child of 2 years old when registered.

week 1- mon and Tuesday 8am -5pm
week 2 mon and Tuesday 8am -5pm
week 3 Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 8am-5pm
week 4 Monday and Tuesday 8am-5pm
then back to week one so on so on

this to me sounds like I shall need to keep a space for this child Monday to Friday every week? because of the rota is this correct and do you charge for this? and will lose money if go ahead with this?
is there any advice what to do in this situation. any help would be greatly appreciated.. thank you :-)

sarah707
13-02-2017, 09:33 PM
It is possible to charge a retainer to hold the space open for the parent ...

I hope the registration process goes quickly for you! :D

Maza
13-02-2017, 09:49 PM
It depends if you want to work to your full capacity or not. I used to have a child whose hours/days altered week by week but as I didn't work to full capacity it was fine, I could accommodate it. I looked forward to the extra days off when I wasn't needed and then looked forward to the extra money on the weeks when I worked more days with him.

Don't feel that you have to take this on if you are unsure. Also, don't feel pressured by your friend - it can be really tricky when you know people involved, or if you have had a personal recommendation.

hectors house
14-02-2017, 01:08 PM
I think I would say I could do a contract for a Monday and Tuesday each week and that you will do the extra days on week 3 for the time being until you take on other children who may want those days. If the parent doesn't like this uncertainty then they may need to be prepared to pay for the Wed, Thur & Fri even if they don't need them. I did used to have a little girl on a 3 week shift pattern, one week I had her 2 whole days, the next week I had her 2 afternoons and the next week I wasn't needed at all - that was back when my own children were small and childminding was just a bit of pocket money rather than needing to be a full time wage. (The little girl is 30 in April)!