PDA

View Full Version : ICP

Ebs71
10-08-2008, 05:20 PM
At long last, and after many phone calls someone has eventually called me back and got me on the next ICP course in my area (September). They wrote to me in March saying i was on waiting list so its about time!!

Im flapping about it now though........ is it hard? :panic:

Cazz
10-08-2008, 06:48 PM
I finished my ICP course in June and I really enjoyed it. It was mainly group discussions and scenario's - nothing to worry about at all. I found it really interesting but as there was so much to cover, there wasn't time to go into some aspects of childminding in as much depth as I would have liked to but I plan to book onto as many training courses as I can to increase my knowledge.

The exam at the end of the ICP course wasn't too bad either - multiple choice and everything had been covered in the course. Having said that I don't know yet if I've passed - I sat it nearly 3 weeks ago and haven't had the result yet!

Have to say though, as good as the ICP course was I have probably learnt more on here than I did on that!

Good luck with it all - you'll be fine!

Carole x

littlegems
10-08-2008, 07:11 PM
no its fine.
i did mine in july. lots of role play situations in ours. got to know some nice people too which is always good.
nothing to hard although there were a few 'strange' questions in the exam that none of us were sure about but i passed so its all ok.
xx

Minstrel
11-08-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm having the same prob at mo.
they wrote to me in may to say the course i had enquired about for june was full but i had priority place on autumn term event.
I have just called this morning as i have heard no more and noone seems to have any idea what i am chatting about. they make it look as though i have just made up the whole letter!!!!
just waiting for a call back now from someone who can hopefully help!!!!

Ebs71
11-08-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm having the same prob at mo.
they wrote to me in may to say the course i had enquired about for june was full but i had priority place on autumn term event.
I have just called this morning as i have heard no more and noone seems to have any idea what i am chatting about. they make it look as though i have just made up the whole letter!!!!
just waiting for a call back now from someone who can hopefully help!!!!

Hope they get back to you with some good news and you get on course asap. Dont know about you but i feel like im forever chasing someone about something, especially courses etc. With that and chasing CRB's its beginning to get on my nerves :(

Good luck and hope you get some answers by the end of today

Hayley xx

Annie_T
11-08-2008, 12:25 PM
well done hun, its not hard - or least i dont think it was, its basically common knowledge of safty,children etc (how i saw it when i did my actual test)

pattomo
27-08-2008, 02:28 PM
At long last, and after many phone calls someone has eventually called me back and got me on the next ICP course in my area (September). They wrote to me in March saying i was on waiting list so its about time!!

Im flapping about it now though........ is it hard? :panic:

Hi
I'm an ICP (now called DHC1) trainer and a working childminder. The ICP course is a very informative about the different aspects of childminding and prepares you for the Ofsted pre-reg visit. The course is short and covers a lot of topics, so you can feel that you are only touching on some subjects. If you go on to do the Diploma in Home-based Childcare, these topics are gone into a lot more detail. I try to make the course as interesting as possible as I'm sure lots of tutors do. There are lots of good handouts, so you have lots to refer to later. The exam isn't difficult and you'll get support during the course. e.g. practice questions. Do hope you enjoy the course.

Minstrel
28-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Thank you very much for this info. I start my couse in 2 weeks and although not nervous just excited its good to know what we can expect.

Good luck to everyone who has ICP in sept- i know there are quite a few!!

mummyroysof3
28-08-2008, 05:51 PM
i start mine in september, i got a letter today to say they had approved my funding for it but unsure about how the funding works oh well ill just take the letter with me on the first night

charlotte x