PDA

View Full Version : 5 year old, what do i need?

Roxy009
03-01-2017, 10:45 PM
Hi, i have signed up my very first mindee :clapping:
She is only coming during the school holidays atm, she is 5 and at full time school. I am emailing all the contract etc over but not sure what to send? do i still need to send over the policies and permissions even though she is out of eyfs
I have a list of permissions & i know what the statutory policies i need ie safeguarding etc, but not sure if i need to send as a lot of it is not relevant for her age

i have another 2 meetings over the next week and these are for eyfs children so I think im clued up on everything i need for them

thank you

I have checked again and she is an older child in reception, so still under Eyfs? Until September this year, her birthdays in September. I'm just going to send my normal things & then I'm covered anyway

sarah707
04-01-2017, 07:29 AM
Hi! The rules for older children are here - annex C -https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/551134/EY_and_childcare_reg_handbook.pdf

If s/he is in reception you have to deliver the Eyfs but not the learning and development bits.

I hope that helps! Congratulations!! :clapping: