PDA

View Full Version : EYFS Learning Journey - DISCUSSION SHEETS

brighter
10-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Listening to Children - Discussion sheets

Does anyone know what I am supposed to fill out here? I am minding a 2 year old and a 20 months old, it's not that I can have a discussion with them?

Please help. I am a bit lost with all these changes.
Thanks in advanced, you all know so much!
Nadine

ajs
10-08-2008, 01:57 PM
not all of us know so much i have absolutley no idea what to tell you to put
sorry
hopefully someone will be along soon to help

Heaven Scent
10-08-2008, 02:27 PM
no you cannot have a discussion but you can put new things they are saying and how they now respond to what you are saying to them. - mention things about how they put their point across and words they have for certain things also include non-verbal communication like if they take you by the hand and lead you somewhere or things they do in response to things you say to them. - I hope that helps a little - keep it brief and simples !!!!!!!!

Mrs.L.C
10-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Listening to Children - Discussion sheets

Does anyone know what I am supposed to fill out here? I am minding a 2 year old and a 20 months old, it's not that I can have a discussion with them?

Please help. I am a bit lost with all these changes.
Thanks in advanced, you all know so much!
Nadine

where are these?

brighter
10-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Hi,
Thank you for your answer.

They were included in

Guidance for the Surrey EYFS Learning Journey (sorry, I didn't see this is a regional thing).

Hope this helps.
Nadine

sarah707
10-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Remember that your local authority can only give you advice and guidance...

As Ofsted have not told anyone what they must do to meet the standards, all the local authorities are all making it up as they go along, just like everyone else.

Pipsqueak
10-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Remember that your local authority can only give you advice and guidance...

As Ofsted have not told anyone what they must do to meet the standards, all the local authorities are all making it up as they go along, just like everyone else.

Its a secret......:laughing:

2kidsunder5
10-08-2008, 08:07 PM
..... and a need to know basis, and we apparently do not need to know !!

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Diane x

Heaven Scent
11-08-2008, 01:32 AM
.....anyone who asks may have to face a firing line at dawn and those who get close to finding out and pass on information will have their tongues cut out!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well thats what I've heard anyway - a friend of a friend of a friend ...........................of a friend told me.:D :D :D :D

mimo
12-08-2008, 08:14 AM
You get guidance from your council :huh: Maybe i need to move .We have not even had an EYFS training session yet :panic:

tashaleee
18-08-2008, 10:19 PM
You get guidance from your council :huh: Maybe i need to move .We have not even had an EYFS training session yet :panic:

If you move dont bother going in my direction - I got more from reading through the pack myself than on any of the EYFS training sessions or any 'guidance' from our council :eek:

Heaven Scent
19-08-2008, 08:37 AM
As usual there is just no consistancy in this at all. Just as well we have this forum to keep us all on the straight and narrow.