PDA

View Full Version : 15 hours funding fees

v 1461
14-11-2016, 03:47 PM
Hello
Still confused regarding 15 hours funding!!
I have a 3 years old who will use 15 hours free from me from Jan.2017:
Can I still charge extra for late picking up?( They will only use the free 15 with me so they are not supposed to pay me anything), if so how much can I ask for late picking up?
I never ask for late fees usually but they are usually 15 min late and I'm bored with it.
Thanks

moggy
14-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Yes, the funded hours will be 'xx o'clock until xx o'clock'- make sure that is clear. If they are late you need to deal with that separately- do they maybe need to adjust their contracted hours? I would not accept regular late pickups! You can charge a late fee equal to your usual hourly rate or double, or whatever you feel is fair.

Mouse
14-11-2016, 06:30 PM
I don't know if you can add a late fee to funded hours but you could check with your LA.

If not, I would come up with a clearly worded contract to get round it. I would say funded hours are between 9am-5pm (or whatever the hours are). Any hour or part hour after 5pm (or their usual finish time) is charged at £x. Make it clear to them that funding only covers you until 5pm so if they are any later than that you have to charge them separately. Hopefully it will be enough to put them off being late.

FloraDora
14-11-2016, 09:16 PM
This is a good opportunity for you to start a new contract. As Mouse suggests, set the funded timing and then charge them x amount out of funding hours care.

They will either pay the extra out of hours time as a regular payment or pick up earlier.

My parents happily paid the extra charge for out of funded hours as they needed to have this extra childcare. It was part of hours and contracted so always paid it.

v 1461
15-11-2016, 01:14 PM
Thanks for your replies. I will change the contract and add some late picking up fees. I was thinking of adding £3 extra per every 15 min late. Hope that's ok.

messyplay
16-11-2016, 07:23 AM
Its not really a late pick up fee but extra minutes/hours to funded hours required by the parents

v 1461
16-11-2016, 06:53 PM
Its not really a late pick up fee but extra minutes/hours to funded hours required by the parents

Well, the parents want child minding until 3 pm but usually come at 3:15. This is why I use it as late picking up fees. I have asked them if they want to change it to 3:15 but they said no.
Thanks

bunyip
17-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Thanks for your replies. I will change the contract and add some late picking up fees. I was thinking of adding £3 extra per every 15 min late. Hope that's ok.

I wouldn't feel bad about a £3 charge. Nurseries near me would charge £20 for a late pick-up, and that includes an over-run funded session.