PDA

View Full Version : GCSE English for Early Years Educators

Newbielou
27-10-2016, 05:02 PM
Hi I know this qualification is an exit requirement for the Level 3 Diploma. I got the Maths when I was at school but never managed the English. I have higher qualifications in English but im aware I have to have the GCSE. However due to the hours I work as a childminder im not available to go to the local college when they are running the evening course, therefore Im going to have to bite the bullet and pay out £300 and complete the course online then just sit the exam. The thing that worries me is that the GCSE English for distance learning is called iGCSE I just want to make sure this still fulfills the requirement for Early Years Educator. I have searched but cant find anything concrete, ive looked through Pacey and read through other guidance but there is nothing definitive that answers the question.
Thanks again
I love this forum
Amy

moggy
27-10-2016, 06:05 PM
It says it here, I think this is the one?:
Early Years Qualifications List : GCSEs : The Department for Education (http://www.education.gov.uk/eypqd/GCSEs.shtml)

k1rstie
27-10-2016, 06:52 PM
My daughter did her GCSE's at school 18 months ago. She did a mixture of GCSE's and IGCSE's

Newbielou
28-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Thank you everyone, ive registered and enrolled online for iGCSE and found an exam centre 40 minutes away. One step closer to the end goal.
Thanks again
Amy