PDA

View Full Version : Help needed!

HelenaK.
06-10-2016, 01:48 PM
Hi all,

I've hit a stumble where I can't seem to fill my childminding vacancies, this is starting to become quite stressful!

Does anyone have any ideas of where I could advertise my vacancies? I'm constantly on the childcare.co.uk website however haven't really had much luck lately!

I would very much appreciate any suggestions on this.

Thank you,
Helena

JCrakers
06-10-2016, 04:24 PM
Do you have a website? Mine has been quite useful :thumbsup:

sarah707
06-10-2016, 04:53 PM
Now is not the time to be shy - strike up conversations at school and in the local shops and tell everyone you have a vacancy.

You never know who knows who! :)

samb
07-10-2016, 01:03 PM
Local family information service? Facebook page? Facebook local groups? Sign on your car? Speak with local childminders and let them know you have vacancies - we have a group of us and we pass enquiries on to each other. Local preschools may let you advertise if you're happy to collect from there etc?

VeggieSausage
07-10-2016, 07:40 PM
Car magnets from Vistaprint, sign in front window or side gate - I got mine from Vistaprint, facebook settings page, post on local mums facebook pages saying you have a rare space and put a link to your amazing facebook page, website, talk to everyone you know, childcare.co.uk, postcards on any noticeboard everywhere, register on google maps, listing on netmums...

HelenaK.
04-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions! I've definitely taken most of these on and hoping for some results. :)

Thank you again, I'll let you know how it goes!

k1rstie
04-11-2016, 06:58 PM
Have you told your other parents that you have a vacancy? They might actually need a permeates extra day or might want a kid free day on the run up to Christmas.
They also might just mention it to one of their work mates or in laws etc...

blue bear
07-11-2016, 05:22 PM
Connect some local childminders (give them a ring or go meet at toddlers) offer to cover sickness and if they have any enquiries they can't do would they please pass on your number ?

hectors house
08-11-2016, 10:02 PM
Give your current parents a handful of your business cards to hand out to their friends - tell them that if you get an enquiry that leads to a new child starting that you will give them a few hours free babysitting, especially useful with Xmas parties starting soon.

Stand outside your local NCT sales handing out flyers to people waiting to go in (there is always a queue outside ones in our town as they let the members in first), most people in the queue will be parents, parents to be or grandparents (or a childminder looking for a bargain) - don't hand out leaflets inside the building though, a childminder friend of mine got told off for that.

Hope some more work comes your way soon :thumbsup: