PDA

View Full Version : Revised EYFS due soon...

sarah707
26-09-2016, 04:44 PM
According to Ofsted during my meeting with them last week, there is a new Eyfs due soon... this month according to the PowerPoint slide...

Childminding Forum and Facebook group members will receive support to implement any new requirements - watch this space!

More information here :D

https://www.childcare.co.uk/information/revised-eyfs-due-soon

Rick
26-09-2016, 06:27 PM
I wonder if the ratios section will change. It's been a source of worry and confusion since it was brought in, in its current wording in 2012.

loocyloo
26-09-2016, 07:49 PM
I wonder if the ratios section will change. It's been a source of worry and confusion since it was brought in, in its current wording in 2012.

as long as they don't say NO MORE THAN 3 under 5 at any one time! I would be stuffed, as my lot seem to swap and change hours on a daily basis!

alex__17
27-09-2016, 10:25 AM
Yes that would be a nightmare, I've had a parent sending her little girl for an entire year while she's on maternity so she knows she can send the baby to me too when she goes back to work...very costly exercise if they change the rules...!

mumofone
27-09-2016, 12:27 PM
Urgh only must got my head round the last one!!

Helly Belly
27-09-2016, 01:26 PM
Thanks Sarah was waiting to hear news about an update

mumofone
27-09-2016, 02:13 PM
What happens if we are inspected within a short time of it being implemented? Have we got to be following it exactly even if say we are inspected the day of week after?

FussyElmo
27-09-2016, 02:44 PM
What happens if we are inspected within a short time of it being implemented? Have we got to be following it exactly even if say we are inspected the day of week after?

You will have to show that you know about the changes even if it's the day after the changes

sarah707
27-09-2016, 05:44 PM
I am writing the guidance now based on what I think is going to change ... I will just have to tweak it when it arrives :laughing:

There will be lots of support through Childcare.co.uk :D

bunyip
27-09-2016, 06:18 PM
If only the Whitehall bigwigs would just let Sarah write the final definitive version of the bl00dy EYFS..............

...............it would make far more sense and we'd know where we stand once and for all. ;)

loocyloo
27-09-2016, 08:32 PM
If only the Whitehall bigwigs would just let Sarah write the final definitive version of the bl00dy EYFS..............

...............it would make far more sense and we'd know where we stand once and for all. ;)

YAY ... now there's a plan!