PDA

View Full Version : Pre registration

victoriab
09-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi! Can anyone tell me if it is possible to apply for Ofsted registration whilst waiting to complete ICP course? I am booked onto it in October and was wondering could start the registration process without it?! Thanks! x :jump for joy:

LOOPYLISA
09-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Hi yes ive had my pre reg and am STILL waiting for the college to get back to me about icp course, and ive just paid registration fee :thumbsup:

Hi just read your thread back i hope ive awnsered your question right!!!!!!!!!!

mummyroysof3
09-08-2008, 11:25 AM
hi i only had my breifing on thursday and the lady that did it told me to put my application in asap even though my course doesnt start till september and cant get on a first aid course yet. From 1st of september you have to complete the icp and 1st aid before you can even apply so i want to do it before then lol

charlotte x

Saz
09-08-2008, 12:01 PM
The only problem might be that I think some areas only give you the registration forms when you start the ICP course. Attend the briefing sessions and you will get more details.

tulip0803
09-08-2008, 05:08 PM
I think it depends on where you live. In Wales you have to have completed the ICP before you submit forms to the CSSIW and from what others have said on here some areas in England (OFSTED) are the same.

Spangles
09-08-2008, 05:49 PM
I think here in Cambridge you don't get the registration paperwork until you've finished the ICP but I could be wrong as it's all changed since I did it.

singlewiththree
14-08-2008, 06:30 AM
We dont get the registration forms until we are on the course. is there any other way I can get the registration forms?

Chatterbox Childcare
14-08-2008, 06:52 AM
Speak to Ofsted and explain - I am sure they will send them

enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

Hope that helps.

Debbie

Willowdancer
14-08-2008, 10:28 AM
We got our registration forms in week 6 of the 7 week ICP course they ran here.

They said they do that as if you've stuck the course out for that long then you'll definitely know you want to go ahead with registering and not have wasted money on the medical form and other fees.