PDA

View Full Version : Eat well for less

Pixie dust
03-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Currently watching 'Eat well for Less' the lady is a part time childminder so will watch with interest . Anyone else watching ?

Maza
03-08-2016, 07:20 PM
I've just put it on after seeing your post!

She seems very sweet and jolly. I wonder if she comes on here...

Dragonfly
04-08-2016, 06:39 AM
Missed it!! anyone else find the way the presenters speak annoying? Greg wallace and whats his name:(

mumofone
05-08-2016, 11:32 AM
Missed it!! anyone else find the way the presenters speak annoying? Greg wallace and whats his name:(

Lol I was saying the other night why does Greg Wallace always shout and talk as if he's about to burst out laughing

BallyH
05-08-2016, 04:41 PM
Lol I was saying the other night why does Greg Wallace always shout and talk as if he's about to burst out laughing

He loves his grub! Sometimes he's like a little boy on MasterChef licking his chops as he tastes the food. I wouldn't mind that job.

Maza
05-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Both presenters annoy me on Masterchef.

I cannot stand Jamie Oliver and some of the newer tv chefs I feel are trying too hard to make their personality come across.

I can tolerate Gordon, but Delia always seems grumpy.

I love the Hairy Bikers and Mary Berry.

mumofone
05-08-2016, 06:54 PM
Both presenters annoy me on Masterchef. I cannot stand Jamie Oliver and some of the newer tv chefs I feel are trying too hard to make their personality come across. I can tolerate Gordon, but Delia always seems grumpy. I love the Hairy Bikers and Mary Berry.

Everyone I speak to hates Jamie Oliver but I don't get why?! I think he's a really decent guy trying to Improve the nations health, what's to hate?

Maza
05-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Everyone I speak to hates Jamie Oliver but I don't get why?! I think he's a really decent guy trying to Improve the nations health, what's to hate?

I know what you are saying. To be honest I don't mind him too much when he is just being himself on things like Jonathon Ross, but sometimes I think he is just too much.

As an aside, I always think how awful it would be if one of these famous chefs was you mother/father-in-law. Imagine how stressed you would feel when you first have them to dinner, or every time they came to visit/stay at your house!

loocyloo
05-08-2016, 08:13 PM
I know what you are saying. To be honest I don't mind him too much when he is just being himself on things like Jonathon Ross, but sometimes I think he is just too much.

As an aside, I always think how awful it would be if one of these famous chefs was you mother/father-in-law. Imagine how stressed you would feel when you first have them to dinner, or every time they came to visit/stay at your house!

One of my dads is a chef ... has cooked for/with 'famous' chefs and now has his own restaurant. We go every couple of months. It's lovely. I often wonder what he thinks about what I feed his children, but he always says his children love what I feed them and he'd be cooking fishfingers at home!

It would be 100 times worse if it was an inlaw!

FloraDora
05-08-2016, 09:36 PM

My oldest's partner ( I want to say daughter in law a but they are not married, though have been together for 10 years) comes from a professional food background, she is a great cook and her parents cook food like a top market restaurant....they are bloggers too...which makes it quite a bit daunting when we meet up...but they are all very gracious about my efforts and over the years I have relaxed into it....mainly because DH cooks more now! but if it was a famous chef coming to dinner that would send me to the edge of my nerves I think.

mumofone
06-08-2016, 06:21 AM
My oldest's partner ( I want to say daughter in law a but they are not married, though have been together for 10 years) comes from a professional food background, she is a great cook and her parents cook food like a top market restaurant....they are bloggers too...which makes it quite a bit daunting when we meet up...but they are all very gracious about my efforts and over the years I have relaxed into it....mainly because DH cooks more now! but if it was a famous chef coming to dinner that would send me to the edge of my nerves I think.

Totally off topic and just being nosey now...dyou think they'll ever marry flora? Dyou know why they haven't?

FloraDora
11-08-2016, 10:11 PM
Totally off topic and just being nosey now...dyou think they'll ever marry flora? Dyou know why they haven't?

Mmmm...a topic of much discussion between DH and I!

It seems they just do not think ' a piece of paper' is necessary. They are both on the hippy side, with his partner being a humanist...but her mum is a Humanist celebrant so I am sure she would love to lead their wedding ceremony!

We had a drink at the Brighton band stand this weekend with oldest....who actually said it would be a great venue for a wedding..on the beach...so my fingers are crossed!