PDA

View Full Version : Saving Photos

loocyloo
20-07-2016, 07:08 AM
Good morning,

I woke up this morning in an absolute panic, having dreamt that the computer had died ( that really is a disaster :panic: ) and that I had lost all the photos stored on it. I also have all my photos on a photo print site, but then started to think about what would happen if that site disappeared!

SO .... how does everyone store/save all their digital photos? I was wondering about a memory stick, but I'd be worried about it corrupting. I'm not confident about how safe 'clouds' are.

Thanks

xx

singingcactus
20-07-2016, 08:58 AM
I use flickr, 2 memory sticks, dropbox, I periodically send my mum a disc full, store them on my laptop and on the squirts hard drive. I mean, I'm not paranoid or anything, I just like to think I am prepared for computer crashes, house fires, zombie apocalypse, alien invasion, husband 'fixing' my laptop......

mumofone
20-07-2016, 09:14 AM
I use flickr, 2 memory sticks, dropbox, I periodically send my mum a disc full, store them on my laptop and on the squirts hard drive. I mean, I'm not paranoid or anything, I just like to think I am prepared for computer crashes, house fires, zombie apocalypse, alien invasion, husband 'fixing' my laptop......

Lol sounds like you've got all bases covered!! ;-)

Mouse
20-07-2016, 09:55 AM
I tend to take photos on my digital camera, download them to my laptop and they are all automatically saved to OneDrive. I've then got them on the memory card, laptop and OneDrive, so should be covered!

I don't take many on my phone or Ipad, but if I do, they save straight to OneDrive.

I like it because I can access all my photos from whichever devise I'm on.

EDIT: I've also got an external hard drive that I back everything up on now and again.

FussyElmo
20-07-2016, 09:58 AM

I would take alien invasion zombie apocalypse out of your list. Nintendo have proven that it's impossible to cope with pokemon go servers never mind a real emergency.
#addicted
#stilllookingforapikachu

But on a more serious matter I send all mine to different clouds

mama2three
20-07-2016, 10:52 AM
apparently i have an evie in my garden!!

i do the same as mouse , phone , laptop , onedrive...although onedrive has just reduced their free storage so Ive had to move a load from there back onto my laptop. what i really need to do is sort through them , send each parent of file of their own child , and delete them from my files.

loocyloo
20-07-2016, 01:47 PM
:-) Thanks.

Will look into onedrive etc

singingcactus
21-07-2016, 02:35 PM
I would take alien invasion zombie apocalypse out of your list. Nintendo have proven that it's impossible to cope with pokemon go servers never mind a real emergency.
#addicted
#stilllookingforapikachu

But on a more serious matter I send all mine to different clouds

That's where the old school disc and memory stick come in :)

Spent the morning walking around our new town hunting down pokemon. I've had to remember all the landmarks of the town I lived in quarter of a century ago for them both (son and husband!!). They are both happy little cherubs now with their respective phones bursting full of pokemon. :happy banana::happy banana::huh:

FussyElmo
21-07-2016, 02:44 PM
That's where the old school disc and memory stick come in :)

Spent the morning walking around our new town hunting down pokemon. I've had to remember all the landmarks of the town I lived in quarter of a century ago for them both (son and husband!!). They are both happy little cherubs now with their respective phones bursting full of pokemon. :happy banana::happy banana::huh:

For about ten minutes I was the owner of a gym. Admittedly I had to hand my phone to a the teenager but youngest 2 now think I'm cool