PDA

View Full Version : fees for before and after school

shelly04
08-08-2008, 10:43 PM
I might be looking after a 9 year old 8-9am and then 3-4 or 3-5, not sure yet, for 3 days. Would you charge hourly or do you do sessions. Please help

Shirlwith3
09-08-2008, 07:08 AM
Hi I have my first before /after school minde starting in Sept so decided to charge a sessionall fee & then when I have her in the holidays I charge an hourly rate so I don't lose out.

Shirl

shelly04
09-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Say that I charge 3.00 an hour how would you charge sessional fees from 8-9 and then afternoon, I probably sound really thick, but see trying to get your head around the fees and chargesit is a nightmare.

NETTE
09-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Say that I charge 3.00 an hour how would you charge sessional fees from 8-9 and then afternoon, I probably sound really thick, but see trying to get your head around the fees and chargesit is a nightmare. hi shelley im new to this site but have been minding for nearly 8 years now , i have always charged an hourly rate and get paid it weekly or monthly whichever suits you and the parents , hope to speak soon x

Chatterbox Childcare
09-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Hi Shelly

I charge session rates. Before school would be £5.00 and after school £12.00 (£15.00 if not before school). Even though she is over 8 it takes up and insurance space and who are you going to get from 4pm if she goes home and you only charge her for an hour?

Maybe do a set fee before and after school for the week and then a day rate in the holidays?

Hope that helps

Debbie

SonnysMummy
10-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Wow...i've been thinking of charging £12 which includes before and after school and food!!! Also i have a lady coming tomorrow that only wants after school and i said it will still be £12 as i wouldn't be able to find mindees just for the morning...but as i really want to get started and this would be my first mindee i'm thinking of saying that i'll do it for £10.50 after school only. If someone wanted just before school i don't know if i'd do it??? I probably would if i get the ones who just want after school though as then i would fill the spaces. It's so difficult to decide isn't it as you don't want to lose out on the children but then don't want to sell yourself short!!!