PDA

View Full Version : Holiday fees

Purple34
13-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Hi,

I am looking for some guidance as to what to charge for holiday periods. I wonder if anybody would be kind enough to help me out? I was thinking full fees when they are away, half fees if they are away when I am, but what about when I am on holiday and they're not?

TIA

Jennie :)

loocyloo
13-06-2016, 08:20 PM
I charge full fees if they are away and I'm available to work and no fees if I am on holiday.

If you are going to give parents half fee holidays then I suggest you limit them to 4 weeks (pro rata) and probably minimum of 4 weeks notice of the parents taking holiday, otherwise you might find you are losing money.

X X

mama2three
13-06-2016, 08:28 PM
Like loocyloo I charge full fees for their holidays .I find it makes things much clearer and straightforward , if I am open full fees are payable whether the child attends or not ...and if I close then no fee is payable. This applies to sickness As well as holidays.

natlou82
13-06-2016, 10:40 PM
I do the same as the others. I find it very clear and straight forward :-)

tulip0803
14-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Full fees for every contracted day that I am open whether they come or not. No fees when I am shut. xx

hectors house
14-06-2016, 11:34 AM
As above - full fee when they are away - nothing when I'm away, unless as happened last year when I realised I had all 3 children away on the Friday, so I booked a long weekend to visit my brother in Jersey but that was just making the most of a day off - If I give them my holiday dates and then they book a holiday for the same weeks then I don't charge - it's a game of chicken and who books holiday first!

Kittycat
17-08-2016, 12:49 PM
I charge full fees but during the school holiday I charge half and if I am honest I loose a lot of my income
In fact my income is non existent during summer and the April and October hols

I am away to change my policies to full fees all year round apart from if I am ill or on holiday.

JCrakers
17-08-2016, 03:25 PM
I charge full fee if they are off on holiday/ill/dat off etc and no fee when I'm away on holiday/ill.

I think if you start charging half fee for when you are both on holiday at the same time, its going to get messy