PDA

View Full Version : Progress report

wiggy89
13-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Hi all. I am wanting to start sending home a termly progress report for parents. Nothing too much, just basically saying where they are up to, next steps, and parent feedback...Does any of you lovely people have something similar that you would be willing to share please.
Thanks in advance.

BallyH
13-06-2016, 05:06 PM
I do mine every 6 months. Parents know where their children are as I use an 'app' and their next steps are also attached to my photos and observations. I feel, for me, this is enough work and so did Ofsted.

sarah707
13-06-2016, 07:47 PM
I use the same template for my summary assessments, 2 year progress check and transition reports - it saves me getting confused :laughing:

I use one from here - http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/files/2012/03/A-Know-How-Guide.pdf

I have talked about it in my blog here - Sarah's Blog: Planning for play and learning (http://knutsfordchildminding.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/planning-for-play-and-learning.html)

Hth :D

moggy
16-06-2016, 07:03 PM
Why create more paperwork? I did termly reviews but am trying to cut back to 6-mthly and wish I never started them at all! Parents can see where their child is on Tapestry, we chat regularly anyway, I'd always raide any concern face-to-face. The only statutory progress check is the 2-yr one. No other written check is needed. Once you start it is hard to back-track as parents will come to expect it. Plan out the time it will take you- getting parent input, writing draft, editing, printing out/emailing, meeting with parents to discuss it... multiply by how many EYFS children you might have in the future... and for what purpose? I know some people do them and that is great if they feel they need to, but don't over-commit yourself to something that is not statutory.

loocyloo
16-06-2016, 07:35 PM
Why create more paperwork? I did termly reviews but am trying to cut back to 6-mthly and wish I never started them at all! Parents can see where their child is on Tapestry, we chat regularly anyway, I'd always raide any concern face-to-face. The only statutory progress check is the 2-yr one. No other written check is needed. Once you start it is hard to back-track as parents will come to expect it. Plan out the time it will take you- getting parent input, writing draft, editing, printing out/emailing, meeting with parents to discuss it... multiply by how many EYFS children you might have in the future... and for what purpose? I know some people do them and that is great if they feel they need to, but don't over-commit yourself to something that is not statutory.

I shortened my reviews, then went to 6 monthly reviews and am trying to cut back to yearly !!!

I managed to cut back my 'parents meetings' to yearly, but it has taken 2 months to catch up with 8 families, and 1 family still to pin down! ( not for want of trying, but each time we do book a date - something happens and we end up cancelling it! )

x