PDA

View Full Version : This may be a daft question but....can a nanny be both Ofsted and CSSIW registered?

Cinders Drury
04-06-2016, 01:09 PM
Hello all!

I am a nanny, living in North Wales but very close (<10miles) to Chester and the English border so when I started nannying again after my son was born in 2008 I became a night nanny in Chester that required me being Ofsted registered for the mum to claim Childcare Tax Credits. I have since always worked at least one regular job over the border in England to keep my Ofsted registration going. This September it is looking likely i will be working my main job in Wales (apart from odd babysitting and overnight nannying) so i am in the process of applying to be CSSIW registered. On the applicatin form it said any other information and I have put that I already have a DBS and the checking number and then I started to write that I am already Ofsted registered.....and stopped as I realised I didn't know if I can be both at once or if enrollment onto one automatically cancelled the other out?

Can anyone help please?

Thank you!

Adie

sarah707
05-06-2016, 07:03 AM
I don't see why you can't be registered in both England and Wales if you work in both and comply with the different registration requirements!!

I suggest you speak to Ofsted and CSSIW - or maybe email so you get the replies in writing - before you continue your application :D