PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take for a pre registration visit?

Jodiebxx
04-05-2016, 02:55 PM
I have just registered with Ofsted online today and i was wondering if anyone knows the average turnaround time right now? I understand that it's usually 12 weeks was just wondering if it may be quicker.

How do i prepare for this?

What polices and procedures?

Anything important i need to know?

AmeChaSar198
10-05-2016, 11:13 AM
I have just registered with Ofsted online today and i was wondering if anyone knows the average turnaround time right now? I understand that it's usually 12 weeks was just wondering if it may be quicker.

I am also in the process of setting up as a new childminder & have today received a phone call to say they are coming end of the month - I have phoned them many times & emailed and I think this has progressed it a little quicker as they seem to quote 12 weeks each and every time I phoned.

I am dreading it !!!

So any help for me would be much appreciated.

AmeChaSar198
10-05-2016, 11:28 AM

The thing's I have I place are : -

policy folder
risk assessment folder
attendance register - both for children and visitors
consent forms - outing, photo's, etc
business use on car insurance
all my certificates in separate folder - including first aid etc
I have purchased learning journals as they have all the paperwork I weas planning on typing up myself - website Nursery resources are wonderful.

I have my visit booked for end of may.....

Jodiebxx
17-05-2016, 10:10 AM
Thank you.

Its difficult isn't it! the most useful source of information I found is this. Click on the second link down ( the childcare website) and it tells you everything you need to do to prepare for you visit, I feel like it has helped so much!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=childcare+preparing+for+registration+visi t&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&safe=active&gfe_rd=cr&ei=9ew6V-yLNejU8ge40qmoAg&gws_rd=ssl

Also how long after you out all your documents in did you receive a call regarding your pre registration visit?