PDA

View Full Version : DBS checks on son not living wirh me ( he is 25)

krystal9
16-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Hi I'm not sure how the DBS process works, I'm soon to be applying for DBS, do I need to include my eldest son for a DBS check, he doesn't live with me, just visits on the odd occasion. He does however have some past conviction for common assault which was a few years ago when this happened . I am worried as i don't want my sons record to affect my chance of childminding, will Ofsted have knowledge of my sons past record, do i need to tell them even if he doesn't live with me? Anyone who can advise me, would be much appreciated!

sarah707
16-04-2016, 07:52 PM
Childminders can be disqualified by association with someone who lives in their house or visits their house regularly and has a criminal record.

it depends on what the criminal record is - Ofsted look at each case individually.

I suggest you speak to them - it's better if you are up front and honest than they find out and shut you down later in the process...

Hth :D

Simona
18-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Link here
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/414345/disqual_stat-guidance_Feb_15__3_.pdf

krystal9
20-04-2016, 10:03 AM
I will enquire with Ofsted to see what they recommend