PDA

View Full Version : Tax credits?

shonar0612
21-03-2016, 09:58 PM
My first minded child starts tomorrow and am trying to work out about tax credits what I tell them as earning. I went on to entitled to and couldn't understand what it meant? Confused 😂

shonar0612
29-03-2016, 02:18 PM
Anyone? No idea if it say before or after expenses

AliceK
29-03-2016, 02:36 PM
when you give your earnings to tax credits you give them the figure after expenses etc have been taken off.

xx

shonar0612
29-03-2016, 05:16 PM
Aaaahhh I gave them before deductions! How do I work it out? I looked on the gov website and it said a third is what benefits etc is based on?

Simona
30-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Aaaahhh I gave them before deductions! How do I work it out? I looked on the gov website and it said a third is what benefits etc is based on?

If you are talking about Working Tax Credits for childminders...do look on the gov.uk website as things have changed for cms....as they will change for anyone who claims them due to govt policies.

shonar0612
30-03-2016, 11:04 AM
If you are talking about Working Tax Credits for childminders...do look on the gov.uk website as things have changed for cms....as they will change for anyone who claims them due to govt policies. yes I am. I can't quite get my head around it. When I called tax credits they were no help

Simona
30-03-2016, 11:19 AM
yes I am. I can't quite get my head around it. When I called tax credits they were no help

This is the link
https://www.gov.uk/working-tax-credit/eligibility

For Cms now the aim is to run a 'profitable' and organized business.
If you call the helpline they should be able to guide you on what the requirements are now...if you have an accountant they will advise you accordingly

Good luck!