PDA

View Full Version : Unexplained accident section on safeguarding policy

KateA
24-02-2016, 12:58 PM
Hello,

Does anyone have a section on there safeguarding policy about what they would do in the event when parents are unable to explain how an injury happened e.g. broken arm. As ofsted have advised me this needs to be included.

I have no idea how to word it... how does this sound which i will insert under about reporting any suspect abuse in my policy

If there appears to be an queries regarding how an significant injury as occurred, The Local safeguard board, ofsted, and my insurance company will all be notified.

TIA

BallyH
24-02-2016, 01:13 PM
Hello,

Does anyone have a section on there safeguarding policy about what they would do in the event when parents are unable to explain how an injury happened e.g. broken arm. As ofsted have advised me this needs to be included.

I have no idea how to word it... how does this sound which i will insert under about reporting any suspect abuse in my policy

If there appears to be an queries regarding how an significant injury as occurred, The Local safeguard board, ofsted, and my insurance company will all be notified.

TIA

Yes but thank you for highlighting. In mine I've also added something along the lines of...... the bruising or marks are not consistent with the reported accident/incident and/or any comments made by the child which gives me cause for concern and/or signs of abuse ............................

sarah707
24-02-2016, 07:20 PM
I've not heard this one before!

I do include a whistleblowing statement (we have to use the Cheshire east model safeguarding procedure) - the statement basically says that if I am concerned about a child I will report it - I would hope that covers everything! x