PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know???

Nicki L
07-08-2008, 06:24 PM
I have my inspection next friday (i have mentioned this before so if you have read it and i sound like i am banging on about it i do apologise!!!) but what i really need to know is:-

I am filling out the old style SEF form for this as i am being assessed on the old ways for now.

When do i need to fill out the new form - do i leave it til my next inspection or do i have to do it earlier than that??

I am very confused.:blush:

mrsb
07-08-2008, 07:25 PM
From what others have said I would say do it as soon as possible and just keep updating it :)

Good luck with the inspection x

Nicki L
07-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks much appreciated x

angeldelight
07-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Good luck with your inspection

More information here about your sef

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12552

Angel xx

sarah707
07-08-2008, 08:03 PM
The new SEF on the Ofsted website is valid from 1st September...

Before that you use the old style tick list.

Good luck! :D

Pedagog
08-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Just wanted to say good luck

2kidsunder5
08-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Hi

First of all good luck for next Friday :)

The way I understand it you can start to complete the new SEF as soon as your code arrives. Save it as you go along and continue to update it as you see changes and improvements occur within your setting. I have been told only to submit it once I am due an inspection.

Diane x

Sadie's Mum
10-08-2008, 08:09 AM
I had my inspection a couple of weeks ago and used the old style form and the inspector was fine with that. I think the new one is for use from September

Spangles
10-08-2008, 10:12 AM
I have read that it's not compulsory to complete the new SEF but that if you do it will make your inspections easier and quicker.

I'm not sure why everyone is panicking about completing it and forcing themselves to get it done unless you are due an inspection imminently (?) and want to have it ready for that?

Wiggly
10-08-2008, 11:12 AM
I had my inspection a couple of weeks ago and used the old style form and the inspector was fine with that. I think the new one is for use from September

Ditto. Had my inspection last week and used tick list and inspector very happy with it.

Wiggly
x