PDA

View Full Version : Childminding recruitment policy

White Rose
25-01-2016, 06:14 PM
Please does anyone have a link to a good recruitment policy? I've been trying to draft one in preparation for my registration visit, but it looks a bit sparse. I've said that I would only advertise in reputable places (newspapers, job centres), would include my safeguarding policy in the advert, always take up references before someone started work, would not employ anyone without a current DBS, would request proof of ID in the form of Driving Licence/Possport. What am I missing, please?

FloraDora
25-01-2016, 06:34 PM
In 'safer recruitment' training there is a big focus on 'no gaps' in their history. If someone works with children and the police / social workers are involved with them their employment is automatically informed so if they have continuous employment/ education there are no gaps. The check is only as good as the day it has been done, mysterious gaps that cannot be accounted for, research has proven, often leads to someone ( we are talking paedophiles here) perhaps being let go under suspicion, or a period of time without a manager that would know if there were any issues - under a radar.
The other recent move forward on safer recruiting is getting a referee to actually complete a form as a reference - not Send you a few paragraphs telling you info - as key safer recruitment to work with children information can get overlooked in prose, especially if it someone that they know. An actual question regarding ' any reason why they shouldn't work with children ' is needed.
Perhaps if you are intending to recruit assistants then you could say you would complete safer recruitment training?

Good luck with your registration.

White Rose
25-01-2016, 08:46 PM
In 'safer recruitment' training there is a big focus on 'no gaps' in their history. If someone works with children and the police / social workers are involved with them their employment is automatically informed so if they have continuous employment/ education there are no gaps. The check is only as good as the day it has been done, mysterious gaps that cannot be accounted for, research has proven, often leads to someone ( we are talking paedophiles here) perhaps being let go under suspicion, or a period of time without a manager that would know if there were any issues - under a radar.
The other recent move forward on safer recruiting is getting a referee to actually complete a form as a reference - not Send you a few paragraphs telling you info - as key safer recruitment to work with children information can get overlooked in prose, especially if it someone that they know. An actual question regarding ' any reason why they shouldn't work with children ' is needed.
Perhaps if you are intending to recruit assistants then you could say you would complete safer recruitment training?

Good luck with your registration.

Thank you, FloraDora - will add those two points in.