PDA

View Full Version : Learning Journals online

Vero29
13-01-2016, 05:16 PM
Hi everyone,
I am waiting my Ofsted Inspection for my pre-registration as a childminder. I have all my paperwork ready and I think I am able to answer to the Inspector to all their questions including EYFS etc.
After spoken with a couple an ex-childminders, they have advised me to work with online learning journals to save amount of papers, the easy way because it link you with EYFS, safe money on photos etcc. I have been checking online which software is the best, easy to use and understand and cheap of course! and I do not know which one you guys , would recommend me!
I been told that orbit , was for free but it not operated anymore.
Could anyone help me or give me some advice about software to use?
A big thank you in advance.,,,

BallyH
18-01-2016, 01:47 PM
Hi everyone,
I am waiting my Ofsted Inspection for my pre-registration as a childminder. I have all my paperwork ready and I think I am able to answer to the Inspector to all their questions including EYFS etc.
After spoken with a couple an ex-childminders, they have advised me to work with online learning journals to save amount of papers, the easy way because it link you with EYFS, safe money on photos etcc. I have been checking online which software is the best, easy to use and understand and cheap of course! and I do not know which one you guys , would recommend me!
I been told that orbit , was for free but it not operated anymore.
Could anyone help me or give me some advice about software to use?
A big thank you in advance.,,,

Orbit is working. I currently use it. It is free. Maybe you should start on it as it is basic and then if you want 'more' you could then progress on to one of the paying app's.

moggy
18-01-2016, 01:50 PM
I like and use Tapestry. You need to think whether you want a simple online learning journal- like Tapestry; or if you want a full CM business package with contracts, invoicing, policies, register, learning journal etc- much more expensive though, such as the one we can't name here with initials B. Ds.

Simona
20-01-2016, 09:36 AM
It may be good if you could have a look at the online systems you have been recommended...are you able to ask the cms to show them to you?
then you can judge for yourself

These systems are online ...but...as often flagged up you can devise your own which ...if put in a word Document...is also online.
Most people have gone towards Tapestry and Orbit and one other....but you can, as an independent cm...decide what is best....I have recently come across anew one that will compete with the rest.

Personally I use my own system...having looked at others...I decided my own suits me, the parents and Ofsted and it is free and easily updated as I want according to EYFS and its requirements.

Good luck!

ChildcareCate
20-01-2016, 12:48 PM
Another vote for Tapestry. I have been using it for over a year now. Ofsted inspector loved it, parents love that it is immediate information (especially photos) sharing and it has saved me lots of money on photo printing, paper etc. So much quicker for me than paperbased ones as have 8 children on my books!