PDA

View Full Version : Help Please - Need to update training prior to registration

Meeley81
10-01-2016, 03:00 PM
Hi, I have not yet actually registered to become a childminder as yet, I completed my CHIP in April 2014 but due to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to register at the time, I am now expecting my 2nd baby in April and would like to start childminding once my maternity leave ends next year instead of returning to work, I have spoken to my local Early years advisor and she has confirmed I would not necessarily have to repeat my CHIP but there are a couple of policy changes I would need to research prior to registering, is there anyone out there who could tell me what these policies are and where I can find information on them in order to avoid repeating the whole CHIP? I believe one of them is safeguarding children but have no idea of the others?
Any advice or help/guidance would be of great help.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.

sarah707
10-01-2016, 04:08 PM
Safeguarding updates all the time as new legislation is introduced and changes need to be reflected in wording.

I would suggest you get yourself on a local approved training course and that should cover what your LA want you to include in your policy because all LAs are slightly different :D