PDA

View Full Version : ofsted update

It's a small world
10-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Report and complaint letter returned. Grade being upheld have changed some of the wording stating where I 'fail' is relating to bilingual children not children in general . Provided evidence to back up other areas I've complained about - starting points, nursery etc. Really annoyed as some of the points I've complained about I know other cms don't have or do such as starting points dont speak home language etc yet have been graded as good or outstanding. This only goes to show that it's not what you do or don't know it's how and who you are inspected by. What questions they ask etc. Inspector claims saw bilingual child for 30 mins - this included me making lunch and feeding said child but it was sufficient time for them to observe and conclude by me not speaking home language it has a negative impact on their learning and development. Feel like I've been kicked in the teeth again just as I was beginning to feel better. ?feeling very low at the moment ? x thank you for all your support over the past few weeks it's most appreciated. Xx

Mouse
10-12-2015, 01:28 PM
I'm sorry to hear you didn't get a satisfactory response to your complaint.

All I can say is try not to let it keep you down for long. A friend of mine went through an awful time with her inspection and was on the brink of giving up. It did take time for her to start feeling positive again, but now she is back to her usual happy self and back to enjoying childminding. The children, their parents and other childminders all helped her see that she does a great job and that a snap judgement by Ofsted really means nothing. At the time it seems like the end of the world, but those feelings do pass.

You need to give yourself time to feel low about it, to rant about the unfairness and injustice and to plot your revenge!...but don't let it wear you down completely. When you're feel stronger, make yourself push it out of your mind and concentrate on the job you know you do well :thumbsup:

:group hug:

mumofone
10-12-2015, 01:35 PM
I'm sorry to hear you didn't get a satisfactory response to your complaint. All I can say is try not to let it keep you down for long. A friend of mine went through an awful time with her inspection and was on the brink of giving up. It did take time for her to start feeling positive again, but now she is back to her usual happy self and back to enjoying childminding. The children, their parents and other childminders all helped her see that she does a great job and that a snap judgement by Ofsted really means nothing. At the time it seems like the end of the world, but those feelings do pass. You need to give yourself time to feel low about it, to rant about the unfairness and injustice and to plot your revenge!...but don't let it wear you down completely. When you're feel stronger, make yourself push it out of your mind and concentrate on the job you know you do well :thumbsup: :group hug:

Totally agree with the above :-)
I know someone who was graded satisfactory but she has a house full of kids every day after school so clearly the parents are happy with her even if ofsted didn't consider her "good" :-) x

It's a small world
10-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Thank you. Xx got the most support from this group xx development officer visited me last week and said nerves must've got the better of me as she felt didn't deserve the grade. Anyway onwards and upwards I will get over this and not let it defeat me. In three years I will be more prepared and get that Good x