PDA

View Full Version : Before contact has been signed

Sarahli83
06-12-2015, 09:44 PM
Hi there,

Just wondering if any of you have experience parents wanting to view you on two separate occasions in one week.
first time was mum alone then father.
also parents wanting in advance pre calculations of monthly payments as they are just wanting term time
only!
I have Incorporated the times that I wouldn't be with me into the monthly

alex__17
07-12-2015, 07:15 AM
Yes I've had lots of families mum comes first then dad too, as I wanted my own husband to meet our childminder when I went back to work, I went to see lots and took him back to favourite one!

Simona
07-12-2015, 08:41 AM
Absolutely right...always meet both parents as both will have to sign the contract and both will be getting childcare vouchers and other future benefits from the govt to help with childcare.

Also do a home visit if you can...let them tell you how many hours of childcare they want,, give them the fee and let them work it out.
If you can also give them a 'sample' of your invoice...parents can do the sums themselves!!

Don't forget to also explain very clearly what the 'free entitlement' is all about, when they can get it and how it works.

watford wizz
07-12-2015, 09:22 AM
If your concerned about being alone with "stranger" when other children are present you could either have another adult you trust in the building or arrange for them/you to call them at certain time ie on the hour to make sure you are ok. Agree with others it's important to meet both parents. X

alex__17
07-12-2015, 10:21 AM
Also with working out payments per month i don't do that as I find it too complicated adjusting things if they leave early etc, I work out things on a month by month basis, paid in advance. It means things are different each month but I have an hourly fee and I just work it out each time, maybe work out the first months invoice for her? If they know how many hours a week they want they can surely work it out and compare to other minders

k1rstie
07-12-2015, 02:34 PM
If your concerned about being alone with "stranger" when other children are present you could either have another adult you trust in the building or arrange for them/you to call them at certain time ie on the hour to make sure you are ok. Agree with others it's important to meet both parents. X

I can remember showing a parent my whole house, then saying that I would not be available until such and such date, as we were on a family holiday.

I realised that was a stupid and unwise thing to do.