PDA

View Full Version : fees

Marath Prada
08-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Hi, I am a new childminder starting up and need more information about costs.
How it works and what i can charge. Can someone also give me information on retainier fees. I thought that these fees should be deducted from the parents first bill however speaking to other childminders, they say that I keep this fee. Do I get paid for holidays even if the parents are at college and do not get funding from else saas. I am just a little confused and do not want to over charge my parents. especially because I work in a deprived area.

oakie dokie
08-01-2008, 05:00 PM
hi, its your business so its up to you what you want to charge but you dont want to price yourself out of the market, have a look in your area to see what the going rate is for your area. as for the retainer fee i have only charged that once, which was half fee but only because i had a place and they wanted it, so to keep the place they pay half fee.(thats what i charge) but if the baby is not born yet you cannot charge till the baby arrives. if that makes sence! and yes i keep the retainer, they are paying to keep the place open. paid holidays? thats also up to you your business, make sure its in your contract what you want, and then if parent agrees ok.

hazelx

chubbymummy
08-01-2008, 05:04 PM
each childminder is different, i can only tell you what i do...

when someone a place in the next month then i charge a retainer fee which is refundable. the amount is usually the fist weeks fee.

when someone wants me to hold a place for them for the next few months etc then i charge half the amount of what the fees will be, this i keep.

i hope this makes sense.

i'm sure every one else will tell you what they do. look at what they say then do what you feel happy with.

Wiggly
08-01-2008, 05:25 PM
It would be nice if you said Hello and introduced yourself to us all.

I'm sure there will be many more answers to your questions.
Wiggly

Marath Prada
09-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Thankyou for all your help and support. I am sure I will get the hang of it soon. Well lets just hope. There is just so many different childminders around and they all vary in the way they charge. It is just a bit scarey at present.:clapping:

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Dont forget to say hello in the hello section

Come and tell us about yourself

Angel xx