PDA

View Full Version : SNOW WATCH

FussyElmo
20-11-2015, 06:56 AM
Okay I keep seeing weather warnings of snow for this weekend.

I really really want snow this year and I bet my partner in snow ANGELDELIGHT does too.

So if it starts where you are post here and I can try and pinpoint when/if it gets to me :laughing::laughing::laughing:

loocyloo
20-11-2015, 07:20 AM
:-):-) I thought of you when I heard earlier that I was due snow tomorrow!

I like snow but not tomorrow please as that is the day I have earmarked to go and hit all the shops to get stuff for stockings and christmas that I don't want to buy online!

kellib
20-11-2015, 08:12 AM
We're meant to get some over the weekend but I have my doubts tbh!

Saying that it was trying its best to snow last Friday and we did it fact get a couple of flakes!

Mouse
20-11-2015, 09:01 AM
I think we're forecast 1 flake at 4 o'clock tomorrow morning. No doubt I'll miss it!

Kirstylob
20-11-2015, 12:32 PM
Whereabouts are you FussyElmo? It's sunny here today but it's got much colder. I love the snow, if and when we get any I will definitely let you know!!!

mama2three
20-11-2015, 01:52 PM
sleety rain here at lunchtime . does that count? :)

FussyElmo
20-11-2015, 02:01 PM
sleety rain here at lunchtime . does that count? :)

It's a start it's gone dark here but I'm guessing that will be the rain coming

FussyElmo
20-11-2015, 02:01 PM
Whereabouts are you FussyElmo? It's sunny here today but it's got much colder. I love the snow, if and when we get any I will definitely let you know!!!

I'm in Staffordshire

tess1981
20-11-2015, 03:26 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh it's snowing :)

FussyElmo
20-11-2015, 04:05 PM

Rain and hail and a rainbow but no snow 😕

Mouse
20-11-2015, 04:12 PM
We've got rain, but the sky does look quite white, so I'm hopeful!

I've been a bit off colour today and confined to the house (luckily my day off so no kiddies here), so I've been sat sewing Christmas decorations and watching Christmas movies. I've even given DH instructions to stop off at Costa on his way home and get me a gingerbread latte. A light flurry of snow would top my day off perfectly :D

tess1981
20-11-2015, 04:41 PM
It came back

Mouse
20-11-2015, 04:56 PM
It came back

Oooh...snow :clapping::clapping:

FussyElmo
20-11-2015, 05:18 PM
It came back

Send some here I need snow

sarah707
20-11-2015, 05:21 PM
Right I now have snow boots, new snow gloves and a lovely coat that makes me feel like I am wrapped in a warm quilt ... so if it happens I will cope ... but I'd rather it didn't!! :panic:

Happy weekend everyone x

BallyH
20-11-2015, 05:28 PM

Which part in NI?

Maza
20-11-2015, 06:40 PM
We've got rain, but the sky does look quite white, so I'm hopeful!

I've been a bit off colour today and confined to the house (luckily my day off so no kiddies here), so I've been sat sewing Christmas decorations and watching Christmas movies. I've even given DH instructions to stop off at Costa on his way home and get me a gingerbread latte. A light flurry of snow would top my day off perfectly :D

Ooooh, what did you watch?

I love the Christmas coffees in the coffee shops, but I usually don't allow myself one until December. Last year I missed out though because we just didn't get round to it. Our Starbucks has currently got a 2 for 1 offer on Christmas drinks (within the hours of 2-5 only I think) and I'm not going to miss out this year!

Mouse
20-11-2015, 07:32 PM
Ooooh, what did you watch?

I love the Christmas coffees in the coffee shops, but I usually don't allow myself one until December. Last year I missed out though because we just didn't get round to it. Our Starbucks has currently got a 2 for 1 offer on Christmas drinks (within the hours of 2-5 only I think) and I'm not going to miss out this year!

I don't even know what it was called! It was on channel 5 after Home & Away, Neighbours and NCIS had finished. That's what my lazy Friday afternoon viewing consists of!

I don't normally buy the Christmas coffees because they're too sweet for me, but I took the plunge last week with the sugar free syrup in the gingerbread latte and it was lovely! It comes with a little gingerbread man and I hadn't realised at the time, but they'd put it in the takeaway drink & put the lid on. By the time I came to drink it the biccy had gone soggy in the bottom of the cup, like it does when you dunk a biccy and it breaks off!
When I sent DH today I told him to ask for the gingerbread to be put separately, but they told him that's what they're supposed to do with a takeaway drink. I obviously had the daft lad making mine last week! My joy at having a whole gingerbread man was a bit diminished when I realised they hadn't put any cream or sprinkles on my drink. Hopefully by December they'll get it right :thumbsup:

tess1981
20-11-2015, 09:48 PM
Which part in NI?

Co Tyrone :)

lizduncan72
20-11-2015, 10:02 PM
Just started here, still quite light just now but hoping it gets heavy!! ❄️⛄️😃

FussyElmo
20-11-2015, 10:03 PM
Just started here, still quite light just now but hoping it gets heavy!! ❄️⛄️?de03

It's here too woo hoo

loocyloo
20-11-2015, 10:40 PM
NONE HERE :clapping::clapping::clapping: :laughing:

Mouse
21-11-2015, 04:09 AM
I think we're forecast 1 flake at 4 o'clock tomorrow morning. No doubt I'll miss it!

Just to let you all know I haven't missed it! I got up a few minutes before 4 to get a drink and happened to look outside. There was a covering of snow on the ground and it was coming down thick and fast. I'm sure it'll all have gone by morning, but at least the forecast was right!

FussyElmo
21-11-2015, 07:45 AM
There is a bit left here Im crossing m fingers for lots more later.

Also hoping the girls football gets called off too :laughing:

loocyloo
21-11-2015, 07:54 AM
Just to let you all know I haven't missed it! I got up a few minutes before 4 to get a drink and happened to look outside. There was a covering of snow on the ground and it was coming down thick and fast. I'm sure it'll all have gone by morning, but at least the forecast was right!

:-) that made me smile!

Still none here in North North Yorkshire .... Just howling gales and huge heavy rain. Although it has eased now.

SYLVIA
21-11-2015, 08:09 AM
We have big rain as my DP describes it. It's cold though

Mouse
21-11-2015, 08:36 AM
Ours has all gone now. Glad I took a photo when I got u as DD doesn't believe me that we had snow!

Now we've just got wind and rain.

SYLVIA
21-11-2015, 09:09 AM
Just after I posted last it started snowing but now back to rain and it's all gone again. Hoping it doesn't freeze tonight as it will be so slippery

BallyH
21-11-2015, 10:10 AM

Am impressed you posted so early. Did it take you long to get back to sleep? Surely this must be one of the earliest posts ever?
None here. Full stop.

Mouse
21-11-2015, 10:36 AM
Am impressed you posted so early. Did it take you long to get back to sleep? Surely this must be one of the earliest posts ever?
None here. Full stop.

Once I was awake I couldn't sleep again. I ended up getting up to make a cup of coffee at 5, then eventually got back to sleep at about 6.30, only to be awake again at 7.30!

It's not unusual for me to be awake at odd times, so I always have my iPad next to the bed. At silly o'clock this morning I was on The BookPeople website ordering books for the minded children's Christmas presents!