PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg inspection over....now childminding!

Jennifer Crooks
03-11-2015, 12:58 PM
Eeek so just had a 2.5 hour inspection from the care Inspectorate.
It went really well, although I feel drained now!
To be registered....now it feels scary! What do I do now ??

JCrakers
03-11-2015, 02:21 PM
Wow.. well done

Welcome to the crazy world of childminding :D

Have you advertised? if not, then get the word out there asap.

sing-low
03-11-2015, 02:33 PM
Congratulations! :clapping::clapping: Like JCrakers says, get advertising. Mention to everyone you know that you are newly registered and how excited you are about starting work with new children and families.
Best of luck!

sarah707
04-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Welcome to our world! :D

Jennifer Crooks
12-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Great, thanks for replies.
Not advertised yet as waiting until I have my registration certificate through....does that even happen ??
Slightly nervous about what happens now!
I have three children and my house is crazy in the morning, how can it be my workplace ??

Jennifer Crooks
13-11-2015, 06:30 AM
Thanks for replies.
Not advertised yet as waiting til I have 100% my registration through !
Slightly worried as I have three children and my house is chaos in the morning....how can this be my workplace ??

loocyloo
14-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Thanks for replies.
Not advertised yet as waiting til I have 100% my registration through !
Slightly worried as I have three children and my house is chaos in the morning....how can this be my workplace ??

you will be fine :D

some mornings I wonder how I can do it, and I've been childminding for over 12 years!

start advertising, as your registration will be here soon. take it gently and don't rush to take every job offered to you. take one that fits in and you are happy with. start small and get bigger as you get used to the job. Good luck xxx

BallyH
14-11-2015, 03:00 PM
Congratulations and welcome. Keep reading as lots of advice from a lot of different angles.
I also have 3 children and a busy house before and after school. The mindees just adapt and fit in. Enjoy your new career.

crumpet54
14-11-2015, 03:14 PM
Well done! Yes I agree advertise now it won't be long until you have your certificate.
Trust me go with your gut instinct with families (I had my first potential family visit yesterday and it was truly awful so I've said no! Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself and what you want!
Where are you based ?

mumofone
14-11-2015, 06:48 PM
Well done! Yes I agree advertise now it won't be long until you have your certificate. Trust me go with your gut instinct with families (I had my first potential family visit yesterday and it was truly awful so I've said no! Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself and what you want! Where are you based ?

Lol oh no! Why was it awful? x

crumpet54
14-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Lol oh no! Why was it awful? x

Ah long story its on my other post lol x

mumofone
14-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Ah long story its on my other post lol x

Ops sorry I'll take a look! X

Jennifer Crooks
15-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Hi, thanks for advice. All really helpful.
Sorry you had an awful visit, will need to find your thread to have a read.
I'm based in Edinburgh.
Think I'll advertise tomorrow as have been told by Care Inspectorate that my registration is in final stages....eeek all getting real !

crumpet54
15-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Hi, thanks for advice. All really helpful.
Sorry you had an awful visit, will need to find your thread to have a read.
I'm based in Edinburgh.
Think I'll advertise tomorrow as have been told by Care Inspectorate that my registration is in final stages....eeek all getting real !

Best of luck you'll be fine x