PDA

View Full Version : how long until pre reg visit?

Fairy_Fae
29-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Good evening,

I am an ex Childminder returning to Childminding after taking a 3 year break to work in Early years in a school. I stupidly cancelled my registration last time so im having to re register. I have been waiting moths for my DBS to come back and it finally arrived today! So, I have finally been able to press the submit button to Ofsted today! I am now wondering how long before things start happening? Im getting impatient and I have kiddies waiting to start! It wasnt all done online when I registered the first time so I have no idea about timescales, any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks x

moggy
31-10-2015, 10:53 AM
As long as a piece of string!
Some discussions recently here, http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/starting-childminding-pre-registration-visits/136639-dbs-pre-reg.html

If it is dragging on- phone Ofsted and chase up, ask what any hold-ups are. Tell them you have families waiting- Ofsted want families to be able to access childcare.

crumpet54
31-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Good evening,

I am an ex Childminder returning to Childminding after taking a 3 year break to work in Early years in a school. I stupidly cancelled my registration last time so im having to re register. I have been waiting moths for my DBS to come back and it finally arrived today! So, I have finally been able to press the submit button to Ofsted today! I am now wondering how long before things start happening? Im getting impatient and I have kiddies waiting to start! It wasnt all done online when I registered the first time so I have no idea about timescales, any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks x
Could be anytime! Mine was submitted in June, I'm having my pre reg visit on fri. Just keep chasing up, it's so frustrating one of my social services checks had been misplaced somewhere between ofsted and the county council so that made it delayed.

gemgem12
26-11-2015, 09:01 PM
Hi, I've finally pressed the submit button today! I have been waiting for my husbands DBS for months and months. Your right, it is very frustrating when you can't go any further with the application!! I am also wondering how long it takes to get pre registration visit. Or if there's anything else I need to do, as it doesn't advise you on the next steps to take after completing the ofsted application.
Hope you hear something soon! X

crumpet54
26-11-2015, 10:25 PM
Hi gem gem I had my pre reg visit a few weeks ago now I've had my.first week this week with a mindee it's going well. X x
Hope u r not waiting long

crumpet54
26-11-2015, 10:27 PM
Oh and my certificate came really quick had visit on a fri and it came the following Monday so literally a few days (if u take off the weekends in between)