PDA

View Full Version : Payments

Childminder16
15-10-2015, 11:39 AM
Hi. Wonder if someone could help please. I'm going to be looking after a child five days a week but not through the holidays. I charge for holidays. How do other childminders work it out so that I would receive the same amount each month.
Thanks in advance.

JCrakers
15-10-2015, 11:54 AM
I times the weekly amount by 47 weeks as I don't charge for my holidays (5 weeks a year) Then I divide it by 12 to get a monthly figure.

Although I do offer term time only contracts as I do school holidays on an Ad-hoc basic unless the family want care all year through. If I'm doing a term time only contract Its a bit more complicated as I have to count how may days a year they attend as sometimes there are more than 38 weeks in a school year.

BallyH
15-10-2015, 12:14 PM
I do my bills termly. Work out number of days from contract that the child is due to attend, multiply by hourly rate then divide the amount by 4 ( equals 4 monthly payments). I also have term time only children and they pay for hoildays but only half fee. However, I'm finding the current parents want to sometimes send them on days, in the holidays, when they are only paying half. So I then have to give them a separate monyhly bill for the 'other half' of the days attended. I do ask for them to let me know in advance, so I can factor in full fee in the termly bill, but it doesn't always work that way.

Childminder16
22-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Thank you :)