PDA

View Full Version : Online OFSTED registration, numbers help please!

White Rose
08-10-2015, 02:51 PM
I'm completing the online OFSTED reg form and have got myself a bit confused about the numbers. I get the 3 under 5 and 6 under 8 bit (E3 and E4 below) - hopefully I've filled that in correctly But I'm scratching my head a little about E5 - I can't find any legal figures for this (other than needing planning permission if I go over 10 :eek:0 How would I decide which numbers I should put in there - I've never done this before, I've no idea what figures would seem sensible so would welcome any input, please!

Please specify the age ranges and number of children you will care for:
E3) Birth to under one year - 1
One year to the end of the early years age group - 3

E4) End of the early years age group to under eight - 6

E5) Eight years to under 11 years
11 years to under 15 years
15 years to under 18 years

BallyH
09-10-2015, 08:02 AM
It's a while since I've filled in an Ofsted reg form but you are allowed a total of 6 under 8 years old. Of these 3 are eyfs and in the eyfs children only 1 under the age of one. These numbers are for each day. My insurance allows me a total of 12 children. (Which I've never tested!).

Are they asking these questions to see if you want to be on all the registers? If yes, then you can do the school wrap around care.

White Rose
09-10-2015, 09:11 AM
Thanks MOH - yes, I'm happy with the under-8s figures, they make sense. It's the categories over 8 that I can't figure out what numbers to put in. I want to have the potential to do after school, but I don't want to get it wrong!

BallyH
09-10-2015, 12:12 PM
My understanding is over 8's 'don't count'. But you still have to stay within your insurance policy agreement. That is why I quoted mine as 'maximum 12 children at any one time'. So maybe put 2 or 4 or whatever, in that box, whatever brings you to the total number of children, including 6 under 8, that your policy allows.

White Rose
13-10-2015, 01:24 PM
My understanding is over 8's 'don't count'. But you still have to stay within your insurance policy agreement. That is why I quoted mine as 'maximum 12 children at any one time'. So maybe put 2 or 4 or whatever, in that box, whatever brings you to the total number of children, including 6 under 8, that your policy allows.

Thanks MOH - haven't got my insurance yet as I don't have a date for my registration inspection. Will just go for two in each of the three boxes and see what comes back :-)