PDA

View Full Version : SEF - see if this helps!

sarah707
06-08-2008, 08:45 AM
It's the sheer size of the thing that is putting most people off I think!

Ok, here it is over 4 pages... this is what we have to answer.

The rest is all Ofsted-speak and tick lists.

Hopefully this will make it feel a bit more do-able :D

mrsb
06-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Thanks Sarah, I've still not been able to log in to the blimmin thing:censored:

EllieF
06-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks Sarah!
Ellie

flora
06-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks Sarah, yet more stuff for me to read through and try and absorb. By september my brains are gonna be like mush :panic:

angeldelight
06-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Is this more or less the same as the information in this thread?

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12461

I think the forum is being over taken by the EYFS haha

Angel xxx

crazybones
06-08-2008, 08:59 AM
I cant log into it either - have logged in and out 7 times now and they can bog off. :angry: I cant be bothered ringing Ofsted.

angeldelight
06-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Go Annie go.............

Im fed up with the whole of the EYFS to be honest haha

xxx

sue m
06-08-2008, 09:03 AM
thanks Sarah, we're allowed to use this one then????

Mags
06-08-2008, 09:23 AM
:laughing: Annie that made me laugh!!

Thankyou again Sarah, still haven't managed to log into the damn thing yet though....keep thinking just one more try.... (rather than have to ring them). Delaying having to get stuck in if i'm being honest, lol.

sarah707
06-08-2008, 09:24 AM
thanks Sarah, we're allowed to use this one then????

I've taken out all the extra bits and bobs to try and make it look a bit more straight forward.

What is there are the bare bones of the questions it is asking.

Hopefully this will make it look a bit less scary and long winded and people can see what it's really about...

You can use this to write your answers in to keep on your computer, then copy and paste stuff into the online SEF when it's working properly if you want...

This is not of course the official version, just something I did for myself I thought I would share :D

Cammie Doodle
06-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks Sarah I will look when baby is asleep later ( well I hope he sleeps lol)

sue m
06-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Well said Annie! LOL Unfortunately I CAN log in! I was telling my mindees Dad about it, cos I keep harping on about it to everyone! - and he says it's ridiculous. His kiddies are happy here and he's happy with what they are doing. Doesn't see the need to do all this paperwork but it's not up to him or us it it. I'm not surprised I've had two calls in one day from women who are looking for another childminder cos theirs is giving it up. It's probably not as bad and as scary as we think when we get into it but I'm like Lisa, don't understand a word of it! :panic:

Thank you again Sarah. I say that in every post!! :D What would they say or do if we said we haven't done it yet, sorry, we haven't had time? Seriously, what do they do?

sarah707
06-08-2008, 11:41 AM
What would they say or do if we said we haven't done it yet, sorry, we haven't had time? Seriously, what do they do?

If you haven't done it before, you will have to do it during your inspection :eek:

And I don't think your inspector would be a happy bunny following you around while you look after xxx children ... plus you'd miss loads out because of stress and nerves ... plus your inspection would go on for hours!

Motivation to get the thing done if you needed it! :D

sue m
06-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks Sarah :D I am going to do it, just wondered what they would say if we hadn't done it. Now I know LOL

Pipsqueak
06-08-2008, 01:03 PM
You absolute star whoo and three cheers for Sarah

Must admit when I first looked at it I gulped!!! lol

Pipsqueak
06-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Sarah to be nomiinated for government position of director of Ofsted and plain speaking.:clapping:

crazybones
06-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Sarah to be nomiinated for government position of director of Ofsted and plain speaking.:clapping:

And after that could you pop over here (its not that far) and log on to the SEF for me. I am not trying again and I am not ringing them. :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
06-08-2008, 01:39 PM
You are a star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clapping:

Monkey1
06-08-2008, 06:48 PM

I will second that!

Haven't even tried logging on!:blush: :blush: ........its on my "TO DO" list....way, way, way at the bottom!

hbomb1
06-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Thank you Sarah. I logged on the Ofsted site last week and started to fill in the SEF but only got as far as adding details about my setting!!! Found it too scary and difficult to understand :blush: :blush:

I have saved a copy and shall read through it sometime (just started potty training my DD today and so doubt I will get chance sometime soon!).

You really are a star, thanks again :thank you:

mimo
07-08-2008, 02:11 PM
i may phone ofsted and evaluate their form for them .Oh i cant as i cant even blooming get on to it managed to for about 5 minutes then the site crashed and ive not been able to get back on.By the looks of what Sarah has put on we will be pretty much doing our own inspection for them. :rolleyes:

Bella
07-08-2008, 04:42 PM
I have asked for a paper copy so that I can study the sef and guidelines at the same time without having to print both off the computer

Nicki L
07-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks Sarah

That certainly looks a bit easier!!!

I am just filling out the old style one for my inspection next friday! they seem to have gone from one extreme to the other. This one is really basic and the other one wants to know your thoughts on absolutely everything!

wellybelly
30-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks sarah, SEF doc if fab!

Regards
katie x