PDA

View Full Version : EYPS - anyone done/doing it?

minimaestros
06-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Hi there

I am just filling in my applciation to become a EYP!! I already am a qualified teacher with a degree so I need to do the long route, although the course tutor reckons that I could apply for validation at the same time as studying the 2 modules and then I will be done by May - just have more work to do in a shorter space of time.

Anyway, I wondered if anyone else is doing it or has done it. I was told initially that there is a bursary and that as a childminder you are entitled to it to replace loss of childminding income for the days you are at college- but yesterday the course leader told me it was only available for nursery managers to provide cover staff when they release their staff :mad:

I explained that I cant do it without the money - I think it is a great string to your bow, but Im not about to pay for it (ie childcare for my own little one and petrol etc) so she said she would look into it.

I just think it is the usual discrimination against childminders against nurseries!

Nic x

sarah707
06-08-2008, 07:42 AM
I've looked at it but tbh I'm not sure what it would do for me at the moment.

I followed the progress of Tunja Stone when she did hers (she wrote about it in Child Care magazine) and it looked interesting, but more than I need I think to do the job I'm doing.

Maybe a future (long way in future) employer might pay for me to do it's equivalent :D