PDA

View Full Version : Accounts on excell

ja-lula-belli
11-09-2015, 07:18 AM
Morning all, does anyone have an example of how they set up their accounts on excell please?

tulip0803
11-09-2015, 07:49 PM
I use the one kindly shared by Happytoddlers - it's already set up and they have updated each year for the past few years and it is fantastic :)

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/book-keeping-accounts-tax-expenses-national-insurance/104599-book-keeping-excel-workbook-updated.html

If you go to the end and of the posts and work up you will find the latest version.

alex__17
12-09-2015, 05:55 AM
I use that one too and find it excellent, so quick and easy to input everything I've even transferred last year's written accounts into it so I had them all in one format.
Do I need to print it does anyone know? I haven't tried yet, think it's probably wise to have a paper copy in case of computer problems...

tulip0803
12-09-2015, 08:00 AM
I use that one too and find it excellent, so quick and easy to input everything I've even transferred last year's written accounts into it so I had them all in one format.
Do I need to print it does anyone know? I haven't tried yet, think it's probably wise to have a paper copy in case of computer problems...

Yes definitely print it in case of computer problems or software upgrades where it cannot be read. I also have mine in the cloud in case of computer problems. It was edited to make it easier to print a year or two ago.

alex__17
12-09-2015, 05:18 PM
Brilliant thanks I have only been going long enough to use the last 2 years ones...I'll print them this eve it's been on my to do list for ages but I never remember!

ja-lula-belli
16-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Thanks that looks great only it's coming up as protected sheets so I can not edit it myself or input anything I need. How do I sort that out?

alex__17
16-09-2015, 04:41 PM
I think you need to go to file them save as or save a copy then you can edit it