PDA

View Full Version : New here ! Cinspectorate helwith pre reg visit and what they expect of the premises

peanutty
31-08-2015, 08:12 PM
Hi everyone !

I'm in the process of applying to register a child minding service. I am in Scotland if that makes a difference.

I've sent off everything I need to and I called the care inspectorate last week, they said they were just passing everything on to an inspector who would be in touch soon to arrange a home visit !

My question is, will they expect my house to be all set up already ? I'm sure in my pack from SCMA , it said you shouldn't start buying / changing things before you are actually registered. But something I read about the pre reg visit today mentioned they will look at availability of toys etc .

We have a spare room which I intend to turn in to a toy/mindees room, right now it's currently filled with random stuff and my other half's gym equipment! Will I have to sort the room out for the visit or will they not expect me to have that sort of thing organised yet??

Thanks in advance !

sezm
01-09-2015, 09:58 AM
I hope you don't mind me hijacking your post, but I'm wondering the same thing! Also setting up and there is so little guidance online for the actual setting.

moggy
01-09-2015, 12:37 PM
Yes, things are very different in Scotland. There is a dedicated Scottish area of the Forum where those that know can help you!

SCSWIS - formerly Scottish Care Commission - Information and Inspection tips (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/scswis-formerly-scottish-care-commission-information-inspection-tips/)