PDA

View Full Version : Please help

Jessymax
22-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Can anyone tel me how long after your pre reg do you get informed if you have passed registration and can begin minding? Also how do they let you know, by phone call?

Thank you

agency12
22-08-2015, 11:19 PM
Ofsted will put it in writing and give you a certificate - re-post your question on the independent childminders forum for an average time -

we (agency) plan to have a same day/24hrs certificate so you can get insured / started,
(We'll tell ofsted we approved you)

Early days to make promises but that is how we planned it with ofsted and they were ok with it

FussyElmo
23-08-2015, 07:16 AM
Can anyone tel me how long after your pre reg do you get informed if you have passed registration and can begin minding? Also how do they let you know, by phone call?

Thank you

Didn't they tell you at your pre reg?

It's usually quite quick for them to send the certificate out

Simona
23-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Jessymax
This is the guidance regarding your registration process including your registration visit
It does not say how long before you get the certificate ...I would wait a couple of weeks then call Ofsted to chase 'their notice of intention' to register you.
Ofsted have reviewed their process and I am sure they will not keep you waiting...don't be scared of making that call to Ofsted Helpline to chase your certificate especially if you have families waiting for you to start caring for their children.

https://www.gov.uk/register-childminder-childcare-provider/after-you-apply

Agency12...the process for agencies may vary from agency to agency as each will have a different model
so up to you if you 'make promises'...what you do is relevant to your members not independent CMs.

Jessymax is registering as an Independent CM with OFSTED therefore has to wait for Ofsted...while you as an agency register your own members...let's not blur the lines on this....agency cms are not registered with Ofsted and therefore do not get a 'registration visit' as you carry out that visit and are the judge of that.

Jessymax...good luck and keep us posted!

TinyTinker
02-09-2015, 06:56 PM
I was told at my visit I could start - and when to expect my certificate in the post. I was still in full time employment at the time - so needed to wait until I signed first contracts to give notice on that! :)