PDA

View Full Version : My own son turning 8 years old

It's a small world
18-08-2015, 01:56 PM
Am I right in saying I need to notify Ofsted that my son has turned 8 (Wont be until September) As he will no longer included in my numbers? Thank you x

moggy
18-08-2015, 02:00 PM
Am I right in saying I need to notify Ofsted that my son has turned 8 (Wont be until September) As he will no longer included in my numbers? Thank you x

No, his date of birth was logged when you registered so they know how old he is.

It's a small world
18-08-2015, 02:17 PM
OK thanks I must be confusing myself with when children turn 16 years old and we have to have them checked (old CRB) thank you xx

moggy
18-08-2015, 05:12 PM
OK thanks I must be confusing myself with when children turn 16 years old and we have to have them checked (old CRB) thank you xx

Even then, we do not need to inform Ofsted- they know the child's date of birth and they will instruct you to get the DBS done. It is only if they forget that you need to chase it up! I hope someone who has had a child turning 16 will confirm?
The EYFS list the reasons why we'd need to inform Ofsted of things and they are listed in Section 3 3.77.

BallyH
18-08-2015, 06:04 PM
Yes Moggy is correct. Ofsted were very quick to notify me my son needed a DBS check. But we should always chase in case they forget.

AliceK
18-08-2015, 06:08 PM
My DD also turns 8 next month and I will be sending an email to Ofsted about it. I know I shouldn't have to but I'd rather be safe than sorry and knowing Ofsted it'll be another thing that we should inform them about :panic:. At least if I have an email they can't ever pull me up over it.

xx

k1rstie
18-08-2015, 06:10 PM
Even then, we do not need to inform Ofsted- they know the child's date of birth and they will instruct you to get the DBS done. It is only if they forget that you need to chase it up! I hope someone who has had a child turning 16 will confirm? The EYFS list the reasons why we'd need to inform Ofsted of things and they are listed in Section 3 3.77.

My Daugherty turned 16 on the first of the month, and my letter arrived on the 4th. It states that I needed to do a DBS and a EY2 form. To be honest, I had completely forgotten about the EY2 form!!!

I completed 95% of the EY2 form, but it needs the DBS certificate number. I have contacted Ofsted several times as I am waiting for her DBS. Mine took 7 months to arrive, so was worried how long hers would take. They said they could see how far the DBS had gone, and also that I had completed most of the EY2 form. They said they was okay.

Don't forget to apply for the DBS updates on the link on the very first email they send you, so you don't forget or run out of your 19 days at the end. When I spoke to Ofsted yesterday, she kept saying to not forget to do the updates.