PDA

View Full Version : Inset days and term time only contract

Snowwhite
14-08-2015, 03:28 PM
If a parent uses you for term time only and pays you half fee during the school holidays then what do you do in regards to payment during an inset day if it landed on the contracted day? This is for a before and after school child. Going on that i'm not needed when it's an inset day. Should i charge half fee or not seeing as it's not actually a school holiday?
Will be a new contract with me and just occurred to me about any inset days. Just getting all the info together at the moment.
Thanks

natlou82
14-08-2015, 04:11 PM
I now count them as school holiday days and they have to be booked under the same terms as holiday days. To clarify all of my schoolies are on TTO contracts so just pay for the holiday days they require, I do not do retainers.

JoRo163
14-08-2015, 04:37 PM
I'd just charge a retainer fee if not needed

bunyip
14-08-2015, 07:15 PM
I now count them as school holiday days and they have to be booked under the same terms as holiday days. To clarify all of my schoolies are on TTO contracts so just pay for the holiday days they require, I do not do retainers.

I do this too.

I'd also add a "well done" to Snowwhite for remembering to get it sorted in the contract before the arrangement begins. You'd be surprised how many people don't do this, then end up in an unseemly squabble when the first inset day comes along because CM and client both (naturally) think they're entitled to have it their way. :eek:

Snowwhite
14-08-2015, 07:37 PM
I do this too. I'd also add a "well done" to Snowwhite for remembering to get it sorted in the contract before the arrangement begins. You'd be surprised how many people don't do this, then end up in an unseemly squabble when the first inset day comes along because CM and client both (naturally) think they're entitled to have it their way. :eek:

Thankyou bunyip! And thanks everyone for you help

TinyTinker
02-09-2015, 07:11 PM
I would get them to book it as holiday if they do not need it.