PDA

View Full Version : crb!!

caralynd
05-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi im waiting for my partners crb to come back, had my pre-reg on 16th june and it has been at stage 4 since 24th june. I rang today and the man said they have all of it back except the enhanced part, does anyone know how long that bit takes? Its all im waiting for, im desperate to find some mindees :) oh and to claim my £100 doctors fee back;)

Thanks in advance

LOOPYLISA
05-08-2008, 03:18 PM
OMG:eek: not good i had my pre reg today, hope it doesnt take that long-not funny, good luck x:thumbsup:

Annie_T
05-08-2008, 03:52 PM
it shouldnt be much longer if its been at that stage since then hun...well i hope not

i had mine bk within the month but i think it different for each area you live.

£100 doc fee gee thats expensive bless ya hun, dont blame you for wanting claim it bk fast as pos

FizzysFriends
08-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Mine has been at stage 4 since 22nd June and they said if I call back on 12th August they will get the police to pull it out the pile and do it. So you could try calling then too and asking them to do that for you?

Paula J
08-08-2008, 10:23 AM
It took about 8 weeks to get one of my crb's back it didnt matter to me because it was for my son who had turned 16 but I would ring and nag them to chase it up sometimes its the only way Paula:)

caralynd
08-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks for your help, i rang yesterday and they said they cant give a time frame:angry: I then rang ofsted and they said they would chase it, so fingers crossed it wont be too much longer!

Donkey
08-08-2008, 03:10 PM
ive been waiting for mine since about the same time....

they are really back up apparently..
:panic:

Saz
09-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Keep chasing CRB as it can take ages. But I would say that I was told Stage 4 is the longest stage as they are reliant upon whichever police forces they have sent it to.

Ebs71
09-08-2008, 07:25 PM
I rang for mine over a week ago and was told to ring back last Tuesday as it would be 8 weeks by then, ive been on holiday until today so had no access to pc to check if it had changec to stage 5 but took all my details with me so i could ring as they suggested. When i rang last Tues the man i spoke too said they would now chase it up for mw and push things along, and guess what........... im still at stage 4 :mad: so guess who im ringing on Monday.... Tuesday....Wednesday..... (everyday until its at my door!!!) :p

littlegems
10-08-2008, 06:25 PM
hi-
they got mine on the 12th june and i got it back on fri 8th aug, it takes longer if you've lived in lots of counties apparantly as has to go to each of them, my partner had lived in 3 counties so thats apparantly why it took longer. they were good at crb and said that if got to 60 days they can then chase up the police forces, but luckily mine just got back within that.
its painful waiting though, i checked mines progress on the internet everyday! a little obsessed!
xx

jw19nr
10-08-2008, 07:36 PM
I had my pre reg in May and STILL waiting for hubbys CRB. I have rung both ofsted and CRB at least once a week. They have now told me that stage 4 can take up to 60days!! And they said there is no way of rushing it as it is done by a computer!! Not sure I 100% believed him though as I have phoned loads of times and this is the first time they have said this??

Minstrel
11-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Also I've never had a computer take 8 weeks to do anything!!!!!

Ebs71
11-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Ive rang again this morning and have been told to ring back at end of the week if i dont have my certificate by then......... doubt i will get it before then though :(

jw19nr
11-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Ive rang again this morning and have been told to ring back at end of the week if i dont have my certificate by then......... doubt i will get it before then though :(

exactly the same here! And I have mindees lined up to start in September. No contracts obviously but still. Litterally, I applied in April ish so I assumed that september was a safe bet!

caralynd
12-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi all just thought id update you. Im still waiting for my partners crb, rang today and basically they wont chase it until monday:angry: So want to get started!!!!! I really think it depends who you speak to as the man was very abrupt and unhelpful today, he sounded like he'd had 3000 people ring before me saying the same thing!!

Fingers crossed they will push it through next week!

Chatterbox Childcare
12-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Can't be much longer. There aren't any particular specified times. I know someone whose came back in 6 days.

They say Patience is a Virtue!!

Debbie

FizzysFriends
12-08-2008, 07:57 PM
They said they will try and push mine through when I called today, though they said they still don't have a time scale to work too.

miffy
12-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Reading through this thread there doesn't seem to be any consistency with how crb's are dealt with or how long they take to come back - what a pain that must be

Hope those of you still waiting hear something soon

Miffy xx

Donkey
12-08-2008, 09:22 PM
im still at stage 4

:panic:

Sarpix
13-08-2008, 06:55 AM
Me too!!!:panic:

caralynd
13-08-2008, 03:21 PM
OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS BEEN DISPATCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!:clapping: :clapping:

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :clapping:

So i just checked and it says dispatched on the 12th, im a little excited!! Wont hold my breath until it pops through the letterbox though!:laughing:

emile1973
13-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi there

Don't want to scare you but mine took from mid May til last week. All they were waiting on was my partners CRB and it took ages.

I feel its been worth the wait now its here but it does become really annoying waiting.

OFSTED told me they can intervene on tracking CRB's after 60 days. That was after they lost all my partners info. though

Good luck, I'm sure yrs will be much quicker

Ebs71
13-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Well ive just checked on-line again and my partners disclosure was done yesterday and has been sent out ...... i didnt read it properly and panicked and rang CRB who confirmed it has been sent out :so happy: , she also checked mine at same time ( i alrready had myself before i rang) and im still at stage 4 but she said i was sent a letter out yesterday saying if i dont recieved it within 10 days i have to ring them...... so fingers crossed it wont be long.

emile1973
13-08-2008, 05:22 PM
WELL DONE!!!

It's a good feeling when you open it!

caralynd
14-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Well finally my partners crb arrived in the post this morning!!!!:clapping:

Ebs71
14-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Well finally my partners crb arrived in the post this morning!!!!:clapping:

Snap, my partners came too, just waiting for mine.

Ofsted rang me this afternoon saying i was a priorty, and also my 2nd ref hasnt sent the ref in!!!!!! She supposedly sent 2months ago after being reminded then also!!! :panic: :mad:
Cant belive she hasnt sent it. She's on hol until today, not sure what time she gets back and dont really want to ring her when she's just got back and sorting 3 kids out etc so im going to have to wait. Really disapointed and abit cross with her......... am i being selfish??

caralynd
14-08-2008, 08:42 PM
No i dont think you are being selfish, sit on the door step and wait for her to get back from her holidays and get on her case :laughing:

Fingers crossed you get yours soon :)