PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a childminder??

Ayesha2483
10-08-2015, 12:18 PM
Hello everyone I am new to this so please bare with me 😊
I am thinking of becoming a childminder, we are currently looking for a bigger house as a family anyway so thought it might be the right time to do it ??
I am 24 and live my partner who works 6 days a week we have a 2year old daughter. I have my level 3 and fully qualified in pediatric first aid and EYFS trained. I have worked in a nursery for nearly 8 years.
What are people's experiences in becoming a childminder very scared in putting everything we have into it ! But very much want it to work!
Also we have a dog, he is a 5 year old English spring spaniel very friendly and loves children ! I would obviously have him in a different part of the house when minding but would this stop people from coming ??

Thanks 😀😀😀 xx

moggy
10-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Welcome to the world of childminding!
Yes, many CMers have dogs. Of course, it will put off some families because of concerns about dogs (safety/hygiene) and there will be people who can't come due to allergies. But, if you want a dog you go for it- families choose CMers that fit with their own way of life- you'll probably attract other animal-loving families!
Although you have Level 3 and experience in EYFS you will need to do your LA's chosen 'home-based-childcare' course before you apply so talk to your LA about that to check what course they need you to do.
I hope it all goes well for you.