PDA

View Full Version : I can't watch!!!!

AliceK
29-07-2015, 01:38 PM
My DS is very sporty and athletic, he is very good at gymnastics and has been interested in street running / parkour for a while now. In Sept he starts at secondary school and so this week he is on summer camp every day at his new school with all the new starters. He's having a great time, however, he has made friends with another boy who does street running, properly trained etc and so in their spare time at school this week this other child has been teaching my DS some moves. Today he comes home and proudly tells me he has been doing running rolls over 3 people. So now he has gone out in the garden to practice some more. I have told him very sternly, DO NOT run and roll over the mindees. So I have just been watching and he is doing it over garden toys!!!! I must admit he is very good at it but I can't watch anymore. I am terrified he is going to land wrong and break his bleedin neck. One of my mindees has just told me "don't watch, don't watch" lol. I can see it's going to send me grey, him being with this new friend every day for the next 2 weeks. It's an accident waiting to happen :panic:

xxx

shortstuff
29-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Ooh I feel your pain. I wouldn't be able to watch either.

Evie125
29-07-2015, 02:46 PM
Perhaps you could give your DS a very large risk assessment form- tell him he needs to complete it before he continues!!! X

FussyElmo
29-07-2015, 02:48 PM
My DS is very sporty and athletic, he is very good at gymnastics and has been interested in street running / parkour for a while now. In Sept he starts at secondary school and so this week he is on summer camp every day at his new school with all the new starters. He's having a great time, however, he has made friends with another boy who does street running, properly trained etc and so in their spare time at school this week this other child has been teaching my DS some moves. Today he comes home and proudly tells me he has been doing running rolls over 3 people. So now he has gone out in the garden to practice some more. I have told him very sternly, DO NOT run and roll over the mindees. So I have just been watching and he is doing it over garden toys!!!! I must admit he is very good at it but I can't watch anymore. I am terrified he is going to land wrong and break his bleedin neck. One of my mindees has just told me "don't watch, don't watch" lol. I can see it's going to send me grey, him being with this new friend every day for the next 2 weeks. It's an accident waiting to happen :panic:

xxx

I'm thanking the powers that be that ds knows no one who can teach him free running

However if your ds is like mine it wouldnt stop him if he hurt himself so embrace it and buy shares in the hairdye companies

AliceK
29-07-2015, 03:48 PM
Perhaps you could give your DS a very large risk assessment form- tell him he needs to complete it before he continues!!! X

:laughing:love it, I might just do that. Luckily rain has stopped play.

xx

Maza
29-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Oh my word! I'm bad enough when DD is on her bike or scooter. My nephew took up boxing from a young age and how his parents watched/watch his matches I will never know. If it's any consolation though, I have found that daredevils just don't 'feel' their injuries in the same way that wusses like me feel them! I'm sure he won't get injured though. x

Mouse
29-07-2015, 09:14 PM
Now my sons are older they often tell me about things they used to get up to when they were younger. I'm always very grateful that I didn't know at the time!

One of them was telling me how they were at a friend's house and they were jumping off the shed roof onto a trampoline that didn't have a net. They were apparently flying all over the place, so I don't know how none of them were injured.

FussyElmo
29-07-2015, 09:47 PM
Now my sons are older they often tell me about things they used to get up to when they were younger. I'm always very grateful that I didn't know at the time!

One of them was telling me how they were at a friend's house and they were jumping off the shed roof onto a trampoline that didn't have a net. They were apparently flying all over the place, so I don't know how none of them were injured.

Their guardians angels worked a lot of overtime

AliceK
29-07-2015, 10:11 PM

ha ha , that really made me laugh :laughing:

xx