PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Mouse has they been any news

FussyElmo
26-07-2015, 05:36 PM
on the grandchild front yet?

Maza
26-07-2015, 07:36 PM
There must be some news if Mouse isn't on here - she must have a cute little distraction...

Mouse
26-07-2015, 08:02 PM
No news...I'm still here!!

Son & DIL came round for tea yesterday and she was very uncomfortable. DS phoned me at 11 am today and I got very excited when I saw it was him, but he was only phoning to ask if I had any rubber gloves!

They were round for roast dinner today and she was having lots of Braxton Hicks, but she's been having them for weeks without anything else happening.

I've told them I'm really busy next week, so it would be better if they could hang on now till next weekend :laughing:

blue bear
26-07-2015, 08:42 PM
No news...I'm still here!!

I've told them I'm really busy next week, so it would be better if they could hang on now till next weekend :laughing:

My mil offered to have my eldest when I went into labour with our second, so the big day cones and hubby rings to ask her to collect, her answer was -I can't do tonight I'm too tired. She was serious though :(

loocyloo
26-07-2015, 09:20 PM
My mil offered to have my eldest when I went into labour with our second, so the big day cones and hubby rings to ask her to collect, her answer was -I can't do tonight I'm too tired. She was serious though :(

When dh rang mil to come and look after ds 'cos I was in labour with dd "I'm in the middle of a tennis match, I'll come when I've finished" ... Luckily a friend came over and dd had been born before my mil had arrived! (I was at the hospital though!)

Mouse
26-07-2015, 09:30 PM

Oh dear :(

When I went into labour with my first DH phoned his parents to tell them. MIL said they'd meet us at the hospital. I said "no way!" I can't imagine for one minute why she thought I'd want them there!

Having said that, she was incredibly helpful when I had the others and did look after them willingly :thumbsup:

loocyloo
26-07-2015, 09:45 PM
Oh dear :(

When I went into labour with my first DH phoned his parents to tell them. MIL said they'd meet us at the hospital. I said "no way!" I can't imagine for one minute why she thought I'd want them there!

Having said that, she was incredi helpful when I had the others and did look after them willingly :thumbsup:

Lol ... a few days before ds was born my mum said something about being there when babe was born! Dh quickly said only partners allowed in delivery room. Mum said "we'll be right outside the door" and we then had to tell her she wouldn't be allowed on delivery ward at all. She said she'd wait in maternity unit. At which point we gave up whilst both agreeing that the only people to know I was in labour would be us and the midwives!
Luckily once ds was born nothing more was said about it!