PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted - upstairs toilet

vals
20-07-2015, 02:02 PM
I am sure this will have come up before - inspection due, wondering what is expected if a child needs the toilet and its upstairs?
I presume I can't leave the other children with the inspector,so do I take all of them upstairs with me - including the two 8 year olds. Alternatively, my 19 year old may be at home, if I leave her in the room with the inspector will that be good or bad -she isn't my assistant but has obviously had a Crb done.
Last inspection I only had children in nappies and older ones that didn't need supervision.

sing-low
20-07-2015, 07:06 PM
Instead of taking all the children upstairs with you, why don't you ask the Inspector to step outside for a few minutes?

ajc
21-07-2015, 12:57 PM
I just asked the inspector if it was OK to leave the children with her as I wouldn't normally take them all with me, she said that was fine.

moggy
21-07-2015, 01:12 PM
They are not trying to catch us out- just ask the inspector, say you would not leave them with a visitor usually.

I couldn't leave my mindees in a room with a stranger, they would cry or try to follow me!

Mouse
21-07-2015, 02:19 PM
I've always left mine in the room with the inspector, after asking if it was OK to do so. I have it written in my safeguarding policy that children won't be left alone with strangers, but may be left alone with Ofsted inspectors or someone from the early years team (who I know, so aren't really strangers!)

The inspector has usually used the opportunity to quiz the children on what we do, what they like etc.