PDA

View Full Version : Toy sorting and moving house

ja-lula-belli
17-07-2015, 09:27 AM
Hi all, I am looking to move soon and trying to sort out my house ready for pictures for the agent and also ready for the viewings. Now my question is this. What can I condense toy wise? I have far too many toys but will be having a play room in my new house. I just want it to look nice and less like a nursery for when people come around. Lol
Has anyone been in this situation before? Does it put people off having almost a nursery in the only living space in the house?
What sort of things could I do to change it without getting rid of the toys? Thanks x

Mouse
17-07-2015, 10:55 AM
If you have a lot of resources would it be worth renting a storage unit for a while?

FussyElmo
17-07-2015, 11:47 AM
Good idea from Mouse.

Remember a lot of buyers wont be able to see past whats in the house so if you can streamline your resources from the living room I would do so.

then they will see the living room for how it is not having them to think about it

loocyloo
17-07-2015, 12:55 PM
I've sold/moved twice whilst childminding.

First time I didn't have masses of stuff ... (Although thought I did!) I put bits I wasn't using in the loft and garage.

2nd time ... I had a playroom with cupboards with big doors ... I put as much as possible in the cupboards and then had everything else neat and tidy ( random bits went in garage/shed/loft )

.... I don't plan on ever moving again!

Good luck xx

k1rstie
17-07-2015, 03:52 PM
I rent a garage in the next road from the council. It stops my husband seeing my huge collection of car seats and buggies!!

blue bear
17-07-2015, 08:06 PM
I used my toys as a selling pint, setting it up to look appealing to families as I knew this would be my target market.