PDA

View Full Version : Homely name?!

Lisa77
08-07-2015, 09:42 AM
Hi all,

Well after been registered a year, and having my baby inbetween i'm finally ready to start childminding!

I don't offer a specific "play room" as I don't have this luxury, so i'm concentrating in the fact that i'm in a home from home setting. We are a very creative family so they'll be lots of creative play. Anyone any ideas on a name? I liked home comforts but someone has that one so one similar to this? Or with the word creative etc?

Just throwing it out to you all incase anyone comes up with something better than i can!

Thank you
Lisa

hectors house
08-07-2015, 11:12 AM
How about "Home from home childminding" or "little scribblers" there is an art club in our area called "Doodlebugs" but think it's a franchaised club so you couldn't use that name.

My name was easy - my dog is called Hector and this is his house - also I'm of the generation who grew up watching Hector's House on "Watch with Mother" on a black & white TV !

loocyloo
08-07-2015, 11:21 AM
I don't have a name ... I'm just me and the children say they are going to 'loocyloos house'.

I'm not a fan of 'cutsey names' and also names with 'little' in may put off parents with older children needing afterschool or holiday care.

lollipop kid
08-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Hi all,

Well after been registered a year, and having my baby inbetween i'm finally ready to start childminding!

I don't offer a specific "play room" as I don't have this luxury, so i'm concentrating in the fact that i'm in a home from home setting. We are a very creative family so they'll be lots of creative play. Anyone any ideas on a name? I liked home comforts but someone has that one so one similar to this? Or with the word creative etc?

Just throwing it out to you all incase anyone comes up with something better than i can!

Thank you
Lisa

"Lisa's Little Learners"

would be my suggestion. It uses your own name, so will be hard for anyone else to copy. And if you're doing lots of creative play, then the children will be learning lots with you. (Plus the new Common Inspection framework is all about Teaching, so the name itself ticks a very big box about your whole ethos - i.e. learning?)

Hope it helps,

LK

PS: I thought about missing "Little" out for you, as Loocyloo's suggestion, but I tend to major on the little guys so that jumped out at me. If you are going to do mainly after-school, then drop the Little, and do something like: "Learning at Lisa's"?

:thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
08-07-2015, 03:47 PM
My last name is Fox so all my paperwork has my logo on (of a fox of course)

But I don't have a "childminding name"

AmyWatty
13-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Mine is Woodlands Childminding - my house name is Woodlands.

Good luck x

jolliesdean
13-07-2015, 01:46 PM
I use my house name jollies dean farm childcare x