PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday and it looks like its going to be a hot one

FussyElmo
30-06-2015, 06:19 AM
Have you all got lovely things planned?

Its my early start but bonus I don't have eyfs mindees today.

Later Im taking dh shopping as I know he loves it :laughing::laughing: for ds's birthday on Sunday just wish I knew what he wanted. Going to be 14 and all I get when I ask is Microsoft points.

Im also planning on staying in a lot as my hayfever has kicked in with a vengeance.

Have a lovely day everyone stay cool :cool:

Rick
30-06-2015, 06:50 AM
Definitely water play. Mindee is bringing swimming costume so the wetter the better!

hectors house
30-06-2015, 07:25 AM
Off to toddlers this morning - we are doing a "People who help us theme" so last week we had 2 Police Officers with a police car and riot van, today we have 2 doctors coming (a childminders daughter & a friend), next week we have a vet coming.

I hate sun cream with a vengeance really wish they would bring out a tablet you could give to the children as I'm rubbish at applying it - last week a parent sent a really thick gloopy factor 50 for her son, when the dad picked up and I said how much I hated applying sun cream he said "yes that's why we have a lovely spray one at home"!

loocyloo
30-06-2015, 07:57 AM
:-) We're off to the beach as soon as I've assembled the pantechnicon for everything we need to take!

Mouse
30-06-2015, 08:03 AM
:-) We're off to the beach as soon as I've assembled the pantechnicon for everything we need to take!

I'm so jealous! I grew up at the seaside but we rarely went to the beach and didn't appreciate being so close to the sea. I'd love to live close to one now.

I've got a late start and early finish today. The garden is all set up for water play so that's what we'll be doing as soon as the children arrive.

Maza
30-06-2015, 09:05 AM
We've got a very broken up day today. On top of the usual mid afternoon collection I have a mindee going off part way through the morning to a settling in session in his new reception class and then coming back a couple of hours later, so we can't really stray too far today. We've got to stroll down to the library to drop off our slightly overdue books and collect more that DD ordered (sounds so dull compared with going to the beach loocyloo) and then it will be garden play, which will no doubt involve water. We were going to make some beach cupcakes but I can't find my mini umbrella cocktail sticks.

Hector's house, that made me laugh - every year we fantasise about taking a tablet instead of sun cream!

loocyloo
30-06-2015, 11:05 AM

Here we are at the beach!

Mindees also had photo taken by local newspaper! (I have permission)

Maza
30-06-2015, 11:26 AM
OMG! How jealous am I? What lovely memories for them. If you are lucky I might upload a picture of us at the library later (not!).

Mouse
30-06-2015, 11:56 AM
OMG! How jealous am I? What lovely memories for them. If you are lucky I might upload a picture of us at the library later (not!).

I could post a picture of us in the garden, me with my trousers rolled up and my feet in the paddling pool - but I don't think anyone deserves to see that :laughing:

loocyloo
30-06-2015, 12:33 PM

We are lucky. We live about 40 min drive away and got here early ... now the beach is heaving!

However ... Not so impressed with the intimidating seagulls ... taking food out of people's hands as they are trying to eat lunch. Luckily we ate ours in our beach tent so they didn't see!