PDA

View Full Version : Cross or not??

AliceK
29-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Okay, picture the scene.
Finished work, rushed to take DD to brownies, popped to shop and garage to get petrol. Come back home, quick feed of all the animals, vacuum around the house, back up to pick DD up from brownies. Get back home and DD needs a quick shower. Now I would really like to get this shower over with quickly, it's getting late, she needs to get to bed, I really need to cook myself some dinner and sit down. Go to put the shampoo on her, it wont come out. Can't work out why, figure the nozzle must be blocked, pick up another bottle, same thing. ALL the shampoo's ,conditioners, shower gel etc etc have been taped up by my darling DS :angry: Now he thinks this is hilarious, I however in the rush of trying to shower DD do not. But I would have been even more annoyed if this had happened to me in the shower in the morning when I'm rushing to get ready and literally every second counts lol.
Would you be cross or would you see the funny side and I'm just being a grumpy old woman :blush:

xxx

FussyElmo
29-06-2015, 07:25 PM
Be cross at him and then have a good laugh. However tell him if he tries another stunt you may have to tape his hands together :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Maza
29-06-2015, 08:03 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I can totally see both sides of it! I would be fuming at the time - if they don't get in bed on time then they get up late in the morning etc etc. Just remind him of this when he is telling off his own children in a few decades! As long as he knows practical jokes can't happen every day though! x

natlou82
29-06-2015, 08:16 PM
I can see the funny side but can understand that it didn't go down well, we all feel stressed when we've got so much to do. I would have probably got mad and then felt guilty as he was just trying to have a laugh.

FloraDora
29-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Grumpy old woman........but plan your revenge!!

AliceK
29-06-2015, 08:41 PM
Right, calmed down now, had some dinner and a sit down, feel better.
I can see how to him this was just a practical joke and he didn't at the time see that I might get cross. I have sat and had a chat with him and he himself understands that his timing just wasn't great, I suggested that next time he plays a practical joke (and it better not be any time soon) he think about the timing of it.

I can see the funny side of this now. I will be plotting my revenge :laughing:

xxx

Mouse
29-06-2015, 09:06 PM
I'd be fuming at the time, but would definitely see the funny side once I'd calmed down. I would definitely be planning my revenge though!

My 22 year old son has now left home, but we still play pranks on each other. He'll do something to catch me out and it's funny to see the look on his face when he realises I'll be out to get him back :laughing:

bunyip
30-06-2015, 05:24 PM
1. If it had happened to me I'd be cross. :mad:

2. If I'd thought of it first, I'd have done it. :thumbsup:

3. If I knew it had made my mum cross, I'd be planning the next thing to do. :cool:

4. If my mum proved she was smart and got one back on me, I might think twice next time. :p

Over to you, mum................................;)

NightOwl
04-07-2015, 05:56 AM
A friend's son thought it would be a giggle to put superglue in the keyholes to neighbours garage doors. He wasn't a 'bad' boy but got found out when the only garage not to be super glued was his parents. They then went round each neighbour with him and he apologised to them. His parents managed to clear out garage keyholes. :-)

Rubybubbles
05-07-2015, 07:14 AM
Genius haha but can understand why you would be cross!! (How old is ds?)

My dd pranks me all the time, the latest one was with these little spiders and bugs (very realistic) she'll pop one on my phone when I'm not looking, or inside my coffee!! Which was all funny until I thought she had put one on my towel, (they kinda stick to anything) I groaned and flicked it off- then it moved arrgghh I had a complete unlady like meltdown panic attack, crying and shaking! That ones stopped now.......