PDA

View Full Version : So do we agree about this points about Peppa Pig

FussyElmo
27-06-2015, 08:30 AM
21 things I don't understand about Peppa Pig - Cardiff Mummy SaysCardiff Mummy Says (http://cardiffmummysays.com/family-life/21-things-i-dont-understand-about-peppa-pig/)

Also what other children's programmes make you think really?

Mine is Phineas and Ferb (even if I am slightly addicted to it) in the title sequence it says there is 104 days of summer holidays. theres been more than 104 episodes :laughing:

lollipop kid
27-06-2015, 08:48 AM
Great post, Fussy. (Really made me chuckle!)

Fireman Sam - not quite as expert as you, but I'm pretty sure that if it was set in real life, Norman would have an ASBO.

Google: Fireman Sam, Norman Price (You Tube) and you'll see what I mean.

:laughing:

L

FussyElmo
27-06-2015, 09:02 AM
Great post, Fussy. (Really made me chuckle!)

Fireman Sam - not quite as expert as you, but I'm pretty sure that if it was set in real life, Norman would have an ASBO.

Google: Fireman Sam, Norman Price (You Tube) and you'll see what I mean.

:laughing:

L

Totally agree on Norman.

Postman Pat why would royal mail invest all that money in one little village

Lal
27-06-2015, 09:11 AM
What about Bagpuss? A shop that didn't sell anything? Surely a front for criminal activity.

FussyElmo
27-06-2015, 09:13 AM
What about Bagpuss? A shop that didn't sell anything? Surely a front for criminal activity.

Emily was always suspicious :thumbsup:

Mouse
27-06-2015, 09:17 AM
SpongeBob SquarePants. How can they have a beach under the sea?

FussyElmo
27-06-2015, 09:24 AM

I can't do with this programme. Really grates on me

tess1981
27-06-2015, 11:07 AM

Not only a beach but they have fires too

Maza
27-06-2015, 12:00 PM
I can't do with this programme. Really grates on me

It grates on me too - although I've never actually watched it, but somehow I know it grates!

Mouse
27-06-2015, 02:17 PM
I love Spongebob!!

But I guess it's one of those programmes you either love or hate :p

natlou82
28-06-2015, 07:50 AM
Where are Max and Ruby's parents? This question has troubled me for years lol! And don't even get started on "in the night garden".

smurfette
28-06-2015, 10:11 AM
Where are Max and Ruby's parents? This question has troubled me for years lol! And don't even get started on "in the night garden". Yes poor ruby does far too much childcare !! Loved that peppa pig article.. What is the native accent of peppa land?!

Rick
28-06-2015, 11:22 AM
Not only a beach but they have fires too

I haven't watched many but there was this funny bit where they pointed out the limitations of living underwater then forgot it by throwing a letter in the fire!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lGEmnVX9TNc

Rick
28-06-2015, 11:27 AM
21 things I don't understand about Peppa Pig - Cardiff Mummy SaysCardiff Mummy Says (http://cardiffmummysays.com/family-life/21-things-i-dont-understand-about-peppa-pig/)

Also what other children's programmes make you think really?

Mine is Phineas and Ferb (even if I am slightly addicted to it) in the title sequence it says there is 104 days of summer holidays. theres been more than 104 episodes :laughing:

I'm afraid this blogger is very much like myself......ruins every program by pointing out what's wrong with it!

My main grind is why people use the 'Special Delivery Service'. None of these words can be attributed to Postman Pat! In one episode Pat is delivering plates to the restaurant for a grand opening. It took him all day and Ben from the sorting office was sat in the restaurant waiting. Why didn't he just take them!

bunyip
28-06-2015, 06:52 PM
I always wonder how big the gears must be on Daddy Pig's car to manage those improbably steep hills.

I'd love to know if the thing with the sail on Iggle Piggle's boat is a blooper or a Zen thing.

Still, children's TV isn't the same since we could no longer sit watching Me Too to spot how many EYFS breaches Granny Murray would commit each day. :rolleyes:

natlou82
28-06-2015, 09:25 PM
I used to love Granny Murray! And "come outside" with auntie Mabel and Pippin. Back to Peppa, I actually think that none of her friends like her as every time she's out with her parents she bumps into her whole group of friends who've obviously made arrangements without her, then she joins them and takes over - how annoying!

Mouse
28-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Peppa Pig is a brat!

Maza
28-06-2015, 09:41 PM
They all go on about Daddy Pigs fat tummy - Mummy Pigs hardly a size zero is she?

Oh, I used to love 'Come Outside' but hubby found it really depressing (no idea what DD thought, lol) . I cannot stand 'Me Too'. Don't like Balamory either. Hate Boogie Beebies.

natlou82
28-06-2015, 10:29 PM
You have just bought back a brilliant memory for me Maza. When DS was a toddler he loved Boogie Beebies and I recorded an episode that he watched several times about a bus, he used to attempt the moves, he was only about 18 months at the time. Last week he danced on stage at the local carnival with his school age 9, I can't wait to show him the YouTube vid tomorrow of where his love of dancing started lol!

lollipop kid
28-06-2015, 10:48 PM
Is it just me or does Mr Tumble give you the creeps as well?

And he's so phoney. Ever noticed that he is never with the same friends twice?

:censored:

LK

smurfette
28-06-2015, 11:03 PM
Is it just me or does Mr Tumble give you the creeps as well? And he's so phoney. Ever noticed that he is never with the same friends twice? :censored: LK

Ooh you have to be careful about dissing mr tumble on here .. Who is it that has a crush on him lol?!

natlou82
29-06-2015, 05:27 AM
I know a few people that have a crush on Mr Bloom!

FussyElmo
29-06-2015, 06:57 AM

Has Mr Bloom joined Hollyoaks? Or was it a really nightmare children tv and hollyoaks mixed into one :eek::eek::eek::eek:

bunyip
29-06-2015, 07:10 AM
Is it just me or does Mr Tumble give you the creeps as well?

And he's so phoney. Ever noticed that he is never with the same friends twice?

:censored:

LK

Abso.............lootely.

He's on virtually every CBeebies show going. So many, in fact, I suspect my TV Licence payment is simply a BACS transfer to Justin Fletcher's business account. :p

bunyip
29-06-2015, 07:12 AM

That's just weird.

Btw, is that his real voice, or is the BBC still recruiting ham-actors who come out of RADA sounding as if they think all Northerners speak like they have severe brain damage?

FussyElmo
29-06-2015, 07:28 AM
It wasn't a dream its real

Adele Silva and Ben Faulks join Hollyoaks cast as Angela and Mark Brown | Metro News (http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/01/hollyoaks-welcomes-two-new-cast-members-in-the-shape-of-emmerdale-star-adele-silva-and-cbeebies-ben-faulks-5223957/)

Mouse
29-06-2015, 07:42 AM

I've heard that, so had to watch it myself...for research purposes of course!

My conclusion...some people have a very strange taste in men!!

Having said that, I do go a bit quivery when I hear Daddy Pig's voice. It's very sexy :o:p

bunyip
29-06-2015, 07:43 AM
Do you think he'll keep wearing that hat?

I wear a hat on my allotment to try and stay alive, and it can get pretty manky on a hot day, but Mr Bloom only has the one - bet it reeks of stale sweat. :p

I only ask because, if the hat is hiding a big bald patch, then Mr Bloom must look like a reincarnation of 70's comedian Duggie Brown. :rolleyes:

smurfette
29-06-2015, 07:43 AM
That's just weird. Btw, is that his real voice, or is the BBC still recruiting ham-actors who come out of RADA sounding as if they think all Northerners speak like they have severe brain damage?

Hmm he actually is quite good looking in real life !

bunyip
29-06-2015, 07:44 AM
I've heard that, so had to watch it myself...for research purposes of course!

My conclusion...some people have a very strange taste in men!!

Having said that, I do go a bit quivery when I hear Daddy Pig's voice. It's very sexy :o:p

You'll love my new novel, 50 Shades of Pork. ;)

Mouse
29-06-2015, 07:48 AM
You'll love my new novel, 50 Shades of Pork. ;)

:magnificent: :ROFL1:

natlou82
29-06-2015, 07:57 AM
It wasn't a dream its real Adele Silva and Ben Faulks join Hollyoaks cast as Angela and Mark Brown | Metro News (http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/01/hollyoaks-welcomes-two-new-cast-members-in-the-shape-of-emmerdale-star-adele-silva-and-cbeebies-ben-faulks-5223957/)

Ooh looking at the Hollyoaks picture perhaps I also have a secret Mr Bloom crush lol! I may have to watch an episode of Hollyoaks to hear if he still uses that ridiculous accent. I hope he doesn't call all his fellow cast members "tiddlers" cause I find that whole thing rather odd!!

bunyip
29-06-2015, 08:13 AM
Ooh looking at the Hollyoaks picture perhaps I also have a secret Mr Bloom crush lol! I may have to watch an episode of Hollyoaks to hear if he still uses that ridiculous accent. I hope he doesn't call all his fellow cast members "tiddlers" cause I find that whole thing rather odd!!

Maybe he should take the entire Mr Bloom's Nursery cast with him over to Jollyblokes.

I want to see an episode where Margaret takes too much crystal meth on a wild night out in Chester and ends up on life-support as a complete cabbage.

Oh, hang on.............................:confused:

natlou82
29-06-2015, 08:22 AM
Maybe he should take the enter Mr Bloom's Nursery cast with him over to Jollyblokes. I want to see an episode where Margaret takes too much crystal meth on a wild night out in Chester and ends up on life-support as a complete cabbage. Oh, hang on.............................:confused:

You do make me laugh!

Maza
29-06-2015, 08:37 AM
This thread is making me laugh! I just didn't get the whole 'crush on Mr Bloom' thing until I saw him, Mr Tumble and Mr Maker on 'This Morning'. He was in his normal clothes and came across really, really well and seemed very sweet and got all bashful when someone mentioned all his 'mum' fans. Mr Tumble seemed okay but to be honest they couldn't really get a word in because Mr Maker was dominating the conversation.

I don't mind the content of Dora the Explorer, but does she have to shout? Can't she just use a nice indoor speaking voice? Shouting is my bugbear.

Lal
29-06-2015, 08:43 AM
'Mr Bloom' was in my year at school- I remember him as having long hair and always wearing a Nirvana hoody. He's a Cornish lad too, so not sure what the accent is all about.

Mouse
29-06-2015, 08:47 AM

I can understand the crush a bit more now that I've seen him away from Mr Bloom!

bunyip
29-06-2015, 09:08 AM
'Mr Bloom' was in my year at school- I remember him as having long hair and always wearing a Nirvana hoody. He's a Cornish lad too, so not sure what the accent is all about.

Ah, now you've said he was in your year at school...................

All the ladies are thinking it, so I'm going to ask it..................

..........................:rolleyes:.............. ..........

well, did you? ;)

natlou82
29-06-2015, 11:39 AM
Ah, now you've said he was in your year at school................... All the ladies are thinking it, so I'm going to ask it.................. ..........................:rolleyes:.............. .......... well, did you? ;)

I'm now also intrigued ;-)

Lal
29-06-2015, 01:12 PM
Nooo. He was far to grungy. And he was in the other half of the year so there we never had any lessons together. Next time I go to Cornwall I'll dig my year book out of my parents loft and add a photo of him from 1995. I think they surgically removed the nevermind hoody for the photo.