PDA

View Full Version : WEEKEND PLANS!!!

FussyElmo
26-06-2015, 05:55 PM
So the big question is will the sun come out.

Its our school summer fair tomorrow Im on the bake off tent.

Got to make some more cupcakes later and maybe have a cider later.

I really want to go and see Jurassic World but not sure if Im fitting that in.

Ds1 has wing field day with his cadets on Sunday. not sure what it involved just know Im going to have iron that pesky uniform :laughing::laughing::laughing:

sarah707
26-06-2015, 06:07 PM
We are in Richmond we have the most beautiful view!!

Just been swimming ... not been for years it's part of our commitment to getting fit :panic:

Apart from that and a bit of pottering I intend doing very little :D

Enjoy your weekend I hope it stays nice for your summer fair :clapping:

FussyElmo
26-06-2015, 06:10 PM

Just been swimming ... not been for years it's part of our commitment to getting fit :panic:

Enjoy the weekend Sarah x

loocyloo
26-06-2015, 06:20 PM

Enjoy. ... which Richmond? North or South?

We have our school fair tomorrow as well! I'm supervising the sandcastle competition as our theme is 'at the seaside'
I shall be at school all day helping get ready and then tidying up at the end. Sunday I plan to do nothing! Although if the sun is shining the beach might be calling!

Pixie dust
26-06-2015, 09:16 PM
The sun is out and I will be stuck inside on a training course all day .....nevermind we have a bar-b-que planned for the evening with all the family and a few friends...Sunday will probably be catching up with everything ready for work Monday.

lollipop kid
26-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Have just come in from seeing the new Minions film. It was hilarious! The soundtrack is phenomenal as well. Loads of 60s tunes. My 13 year old was horrified that I knew all the words and was bopping along happily. Go and see it - it's fab.

"Banana!" :D

As usual, I ate a disgraceful amount of sweets, but I have my hygienist appointment tomorrow, so here's hoping I'll get away with it. Usual family stuff tomorrow, then Sunday is our school Summer Fayre. I'm on glitter tattoos all day - and we've got loads of Minion ones and a ton of glitter. (I'm in heaven!!)

Enjoy everyone. (I love this regular thread Fussy!!)

:clapping:

L

Maza
26-06-2015, 09:34 PM
The sun is out and I will be stuck inside on a training course all day .....nevermind we have a bar-b-que planned for the evening with all the family and a few friends...Sunday will probably be catching up with everything ready for work Monday.

Oh bad luck! Let's hope it's an excellent course!

We have had such a busy week socially, which was lovely, but we are looking forward to having the weekend to ourselves. We are going to the funfair tomorrow but other than that it will just be hobbies, homework and chilling.

FussyElmo
27-06-2015, 07:58 AM
Well fingers crossed to the weather for all our summer fairs :thumbsup:

Lollipop kid - need to go see the minion film :D

Pixie dust - enjoy your course

Maza enjoy your peaceful weekend

Loocyloo and lollipop kid I will remember those ideas for our fair next year. Our school isn't welcoming to new ideas though been hard enough to get the bake off and its looking like a disaster the judge got get there arghhhhhh.

Sarah - stay off the internet :laughing::laughing::laughing:

sarah707
27-06-2015, 08:26 AM

We have our school fair tomorrow as well! I'm supervising the sandcastle competition as our theme is 'at the seaside'
I shall be at school all day helping get ready and then tidying up at the end. Sunday I plan to do nothing! Although if the sun is shining the beach might be calling!

Oop north just off the A1 :)

loocyloo
27-06-2015, 04:54 PM
Oop north just off the A1 :)

Oooo I love Richmond on the edge of the dales. Lovely Castle, super original Georgian theatre and yummy fish and chips! Our kittens come from a farm at Marrick which is on the way to Reeth from Richmond!
Hope you've had a wonderful time and no more looking at the forum!!!

loocyloo
27-06-2015, 04:57 PM

Lovely summer fair ... The sun shone and the band played :-) everyone ate lots of cake, hot dogs and popcorn, and fun was had on all the stalls! I've come home to rest as was at school from 9 till 5.30!!! Dh cooking bbq and wine in the fridge! Bliss!

Maza
27-06-2015, 05:45 PM
Lovely summer fair ... The sun shone and the band played :-) everyone ate lots of cake, hot dogs and popcorn, and fun was had on all the stalls! I've come home to rest as was at school from 9 till 5.30!!! Dh cooking bbq and wine in the fridge! Bliss!

What a perfect way to end your day! x

loocyloo
27-06-2015, 06:04 PM
What a perfect way to end your day! x

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Xxx

FussyElmo
27-06-2015, 06:33 PM

Perfect

Our fair was good too.

The bake off went well. Ds 8 and dd 7 entry came second. They were robbed :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Onfortunately I cam home to dh cutting the grass which has set my hayfever off and now look like it was a summer boxing match not a fair :p

FloraDora
27-06-2015, 08:39 PM
Lovely day spent looking at photos of South America, just listening to my son, so glad he has had a great adventure but is home safe!
Elated feeling has been saddened at the news that someone I know is currently missing in Tunisia. Our Glastonbury fest this evening is subdued.

Maza
27-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Lovely day spent looking at photos of South America, just listening to my son, so glad he has had a great adventure but is home safe!
Elated feeling has been saddened at the news that someone I know is currently missing in Tunisia. Our Glastonbury fest this evening is subdued.

I was wondering how your weekend with you boy was going! I hope you had a lovely day in London - even the long drive home. That's worrying news for you. It's all just so terribly sad. x

miffy
27-06-2015, 09:15 PM
Village Fair here today (school fair next weekend lol) - weather has been glorious!

Babysitting for grandson tonight whilst mum and dad celebrate their wedding anniversary.

Quiet day tomorrow as dh is away so I can do as I please - which will be not a lot!

Miffy xx

FloraDora
27-06-2015, 09:39 PM
I was wondering how your weekend with you boy was going! I hope you had a lovely day in London - even the long drive home. That's worrying news for you. It's all just so terribly sad. x

We had a lovely day and apart from spending longer than planned on Docklands Railway ( didn't get off at Canning street to change!) all went to my plan. Very quiet in Greenwich so great for photo opportunities and the Thames walk was so tranquil if you can say that about an industrial walk. Nobody was at the Emirates gondola flight over the Thames - how is that making a profit? Good for us though. So glad we spent the day busy because I was all of a dither until the word 'landed' appeared once we got to the airport...he'd made it...safely ...a year away doing all sorts of , in my opinion, dangerous things ....but he was back! Then they were ages, his partners parents and I had them being detained at customs.....they had been to all sorts of places! But they were the very last out!!! a lovely sight....clothes well warn but great big smiles.

We have just heard that my friend died. So sad.

lollipop kid
27-06-2015, 09:45 PM
We had a lovely day and apart from spending longer than planned on Docklands Railway ( didn't get off at Canning street to change!) all went to my plan. Very quiet in Greenwich so great for photo opportunities and the Thames walk was so tranquil if you can say that about an industrial walk. Nobody was at the Emirates gondola flight over the Thames - how is that making a profit? Good for us though. So glad we spent the day busy because I was all of a dither until the word 'landed' appeared once we got to the airport...he'd made it...safely ...a year away doing all sorts of , in my opinion, dangerous things ....but he was back! Then they were ages, his partners parents and I had them being detained at customs.....they had been to all sorts of places! But they were the very last out!!! a lovely sight....clothes well warn but great big smiles.

How lovely to have your boy back safely.

How awful about your friend. I have no words. x

L

Maza
27-06-2015, 10:08 PM

Oh no, that's so sad. What a weekend of mixed emotions for you Floradora. Look after yourself. x

FussyElmo
28-06-2015, 07:19 AM
We had a lovely day and apart from spending longer than planned on Docklands Railway ( didn't get off at Canning street to change!) all went to my plan. Very quiet in Greenwich so great for photo opportunities and the Thames walk was so tranquil if you can say that about an industrial walk. Nobody was at the Emirates gondola flight over the Thames - how is that making a profit? Good for us though. So glad we spent the day busy because I was all of a dither until the word 'landed' appeared once we got to the airport...he'd made it...safely ...a year away doing all sorts of , in my opinion, dangerous things ....but he was back! Then they were ages, his partners parentswit and I had them being detained at customs.....they had been to all sorts of places! But they were the very last out!!! a lovely sight....clothes well warn but great big smiles.

Thoughts are with you FloraDora xxx

loocyloo
28-06-2015, 07:27 AM
Oh goodness, I'm so sorry to hear that floradora. Thinking of you and all the friends and family. Xxx

Rubybubbles
28-06-2015, 08:24 AM
We had a lovely day and apart from spending longer than planned on Docklands Railway ( didn't get off at Canning street to change!) all went to my plan. Very quiet in Greenwich so great for photo opportunities and the Thames walk was so tranquil if you can say that about an industrial walk. Nobody was at the Emirates gondola flight over the Thames - how is that making a profit? Good for us though. So glad we spent the day busy because I was all of a dither until the word 'landed' appeared once we got to the airport...he'd made it...safely ...a year away doing all sorts of , in my opinion, dangerous things ....but he was back! Then they were ages, his partners parents and I had them being detained at customs.....they had been to all sorts of places! But they were the very last out!!! a lovely sight....clothes well warn but great big smiles. We have just heard that my friend died. So sad.
:-(. Xxxx sorry to hear this awful news.

smurfette
28-06-2015, 09:56 AM
Aw flora dora so sorry xx

sing-low
28-06-2015, 10:32 AM
We had a lovely day and apart from spending longer than planned on Docklands Railway ( didn't get off at Canning street to change!) all went to my plan. Very quiet in Greenwich so great for photo opportunities and the Thames walk was so tranquil if you can say that about an industrial walk. Nobody was at the Emirates gondola flight over the Thames - how is that making a profit? Good for us though. So glad we spent the day busy because I was all of a dither until the word 'landed' appeared once we got to the airport...he'd made it...safely ...a year away doing all sorts of , in my opinion, dangerous things ....but he was back! Then they were ages, his partners parents and I had them being detained at customs.....they had been to all sorts of places! But they were the very last out!!! a lovely sight....clothes well warn but great big smiles. We have just heard that my friend died. So sad.

Sad news, Floradora. Often happy and sad times are intermingled in life. Are you enjoying having your boy home?